~~~~> Driving In Mexico

I have a valid U. S. driver's license & FM-3, I have been living in México for almost a year. I was told that México will recognize my license, but I do not want to take the chance. Can someone tell me if this is true? Also what would it take to obtain a license here in Mexico City? Thanks

Well here is the update to me obtaining a license in D.F.

I went to the Comercial Mexicana on Eje Central, in Tlatelolco. Office hours are from 9am to 9pm Spoke with the woman at the information desk with my infantile Spanish. She gave me a form and told me to pay $483 upstairs in the Mega Mart. I returned with my receipt of payment. She then told me to stand in the line to the right. I was the only one in the line. My number was called. I gave the next woman my FM-3 my Telmex bill and the receipt. She asked a few questions like occupation and blood type. She then sent me for my photo and fingerprints. The total time elapsed at this point, 10 minutes. The other 45 minutes were spent waiting for my license because the stupid machine was malfunctioning. :mad:

Now I can drive in the far left lane and make a right turn like the other Mexicans with license do.

Thank you to all that helped