Settling in Chile from India - How to go about it?

Hey guys, im from mumbai, looking to get settled in chile, not being able to find any immigration consultants here. As from reading online, iv read that one can come on tourist visa and search for a job there. Well i am planning to come and learn spanish there doing a course and then look for a job. Need an advise on how should i go about it. It will be highly helpful if you can advise me on it.

Regards,
Viral shah

Our lawyer in Chile can  help you with residency and banking. He helped us get Chilean bank accounts and long term visas. *

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

Thanks brother...

no problem. I wish I had met him sooner. Would have saved me a lot of headaches and mistakes that he had to correct and fix. He is a good guy.

Kool.. and how is life in chile? Is it easy to get local jobs there initially to remove expenses? Also is it cheap or expensive there?

We love it down there. Life is more laid back down there and a lot less government and regulations.

We are working on starting some business down in Pucon. I am still back and forth in the states right now, so I haven't been down there enough to move things forward yet. My wife and kids have been living down there since November and really enjoy it. The spanish barrier is tough, but it just takes time and you have to learn it.
Pucon has more expats than most places, so you will run into more English there, but the rest of Chile is almost entirely Spanish.

Some things are cheaper and some more expensive than the US. Energy is way higher, so you have to learn to minimize your energy usage.
The bus system in Chile is really good, so we use that a lot. Although we did buy a little used car as well since the kids got into school.

Fruits and vegetables are super cheap in the summer when they are in season. And I mean super cheap. But off season, you are paying similar prices as anywhere else.

Anything imported gets hit with a 19% import tax, so anything imported is higher there. At least higher than the US.

But all in all, we really like it down there. I feel at home when I go visit my family.

E

ekampel wrote:

Our lawyer in Chile can  help you with residency and banking. He helped us get Chilean bank accounts and long term visas. *

this email id is not valid

sir the mail id you posted is not valid //pls provide us the email id so that we can communicate the lawyer

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

sir thank you for your reply/how about importing products in chile/how much it cost opening a company over there

Hi ekampel

could you please message me the contact details of your lawyer. If you post it they will moderate it and delete it. Many thanks in advance