New member seeking teaching job

Hi. My name is Teresa and I'm from South Africa. I have been travelling all over the world for the past six years teaching English to foreign students. I have just finished a three month stint of volunteer teaching in Phnom Penh and arrived in Hanoi five days ago. I am doing some volunteering here until the end of September and meanwhile am looking for a paid teaching job here in Hanoi.

I am friendly, have a good sense of humour, don't take myself too seriously and love the challenge and excitement of travelling and of getting to know a little about foreign cultures and people.

Hi Teresa :)

Welcome to Vietnam, I am confident you will fall in love with her.

An easy going girl like you sounds like she would enjoy a beachside city ? There is a vacancy at my friends school now in Phanthiet, a beautiful location, close to Mui Ne, a well known resort place. Google Phanthiet, you will like it.
E mail me on [email protected] and we can have a chat.

Cheers
Garry Godfrey

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Links for your website not allowed

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the reply. I like Hanoi, what I have seen of it and would like to remain here. But thanks anyway.

Teresa

Hi Gary, I am currently teaching in Vung Tau but I'm looking for a new location. What is the cost for monthly rental. Cheers Pete

Hello Teressa,

There is an option for you to consider with details below:

Isay with a system of more than 10 centers as branches with many places need to fill the positions ASAP

-Teaching general English in the Center with multiple levels, cross all ages.

-Levels: Almost for kids and students from primary to high school.

-Number students: From 10 to 20 per class.

How to apply
If you are job seekers, please register an account on our website

-Ages: Under 40.

-Nationality: US, UK, Canadian, Australian, Irish, Scottish, South African.

Benefits of teaching:

-Time to start: ASAP

-Full materials supported.

-Support all the fee of getting visa permission.

-Support 100% fee of making work permit.

-Salary: 1700 per month within 25 hours per week.

-Overtime: From 101 hour will be paid 20$ per hour.

-Long contract at least 6 months.

-Year reward: 200-300$ (a year contract).

-12 days off per year, all national holiday days and Christmas day off with paid.

You can refer and apply online at vietnamteachingjobs.com/jobs/view/6-more-full-time-teachers-in-hanoi-at-iec-3/
How to apply:
If you are job seekers, please update your CV on our website at
vietnamteachingjobs.com/jobs/view/6-more-full-time-teachers-in-hanoi-at-iec-3/

Good luck!
Nam

Looking for a full time native English teacher having teaching ...qualification. Teaching at primary and secondary schools. Salary about 2000 $ per month, please contact me via my mobile:

Please contact Mr. Vu Duc Hieu

Good luck,
Nam

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share personal contact infos on the forum, you may use the Private message system for that

Hi Nam,

Thanks for your reply.

I am sixty-six years of age. Can I still apply for jobs with this organisation?

Sincerely,

Teresa Strauss.

Hello Teresa,

There is age limit here at below forty. Please use search engine for other oppotunities.

I wish you good luck.

Sincerely,
Nam

Nguyen Van Nam wrote:

Hello Teresa,

There is age limit here at below forty. Please use search engine for other oppotunities.

I wish you good luck.

Sincerely,
Nam

Remember there is no discrimination in VN, lol.
( with age comes maturity, knowledge and REAL life experience, and usually loyalty and dedicated work ethic's, which is sadly lacking in most people under 40 these days ).

I like to teach English as a volunteer in Phnong Pheng. Please help me to contact this place. I'm from USA.Thanks.

Hi Hongma. The organisation is called Conversations With Foreigners. Their email is [email protected]
The guy to contact is Michael Yockney.

I recommend it. Good luck!

Nguyen Van Nam wrote:

I'm considering a genderectomy.  Will Isay pay for the surgery?

http://dartoidsworld.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Foghorn-Leghorn-300x211.jpg

This one is not a job link, just a good read .... and laugh!
Wanted in Vietnam - English Teacher

bia_hoi wrote:

This one is not a job link, just a good read .... and laugh!
Wanted in Vietnam - English Teacher

Hit the nail right on the head, he really knows his stuff.
Filipino teachers being overweight doesn't appear to be a problem though..

@Nam could you please post your ads in the jobs section, as clearly explained in our code of conduct ? thanks

Apologies Julian.

I hope you will get a good fob soon

Thank you.

eatout wrote:

I hope you will get a good fob soon

Used to  get a Fob, ( gold watch ), after having a good work record and long service, it used to be in VN, that after 20 years with the SAME employer, they received a pension, probably not the same these days, ( with Social Security, which is also " supposed " to be paid to teachers ), many young people change jobs very often. ( Can't say I'd blame them ).

Nguyen Van Nam wrote:

Looking for a full time native English teacher having teaching ...qualification. Teaching at primary and secondary schools. Salary about 2000 $ per month, please contact me via my mobile:

Please contact Mr. Vu Duc Hieu

Good luck,
Nam

*RECRUITER ALERT*

How many aliases are you operating under Mr. Vu Duc Hieu Nguyen Van Nam Ta Isay MIC Minh Quang International Cooperation JSC?

Do you actually own a school, or is your empire restricted to the attic of that coffee shop in Cau Giay?

Mentor English Australia wrote:

Hi Teresa :)

Welcome to Vietnam, I am confident you will fall in love with her.

An easy going girl like you sounds like she would enjoy a beachside city ? There is a vacancy at my friends school now in Phanthiet, a beautiful location, close to Mui Ne, a well known resort place. Google Phanthiet, you will like it.
E mail me on [email protected] and we can have a chat.

Cheers
Garry Godfrey

...and a more highly developed English vocabulary. It's absolutely silly to consider an English Teacher based on age. If I were hiring I would prefer an older teacher to a young one who may or may not show up to work on Monday morning.

WhereintheWorldisToni wrote:

...and a more highly developed English vocabulary. It's absolutely silly to consider an English Teacher based on age. If I were hiring I would prefer an older teacher to a young one who may or may not show up to work on Monday morning.

And who has more knowledge and " real life experiences ", something lacking very badly with VN's, students and VN teachers.  Many of the younger English " teachers " here in VN are living month to month on their salaries, or are only saving so they can move on, not much dedication to helping VN's.

Something to consider when you shun older workers:
https://www.recruiter.com/i/3-powerful- … r-workers/

" Something to consider when you shun older workers "
The schools here don't care, they're not interested in the students learning anything more than what's in their outdated US or Brit English Textbooks, ( often full of mistakes and ancient/obsolete words, i.e, Telephone/Television, etc, etc ) and my students know that box/fox doesn't start with X, they all know what an x-ray looks like now.
They need to be taught the different words for the same things in US and Brit English, at the same time.
     The VN schools seem to think young " teachers " will communicate better with younger students, I'm 57 yrs old and I still have 6 yr old female students asking me for my " phone " number, LOL. Your students are what you make them, treat them ok, make the lessons fun, ( adding to the original lessons ),  and they will enjoy the class, not like many VN teachers, who think it's a military school.
Younger Foreign " teachers " need the money, so they will often work for less, and not complain if the curriculum is hopeless, because the school is their sponsor, and they are afraid of " rocking " the boat.

A sad situation, indeed. It is beyond my comprehension why the Vietnamese would toss away a perfectly good teacher - in fact, a better, more experienced and more reliable teacher - because of age. Priorities are certainly not in order in this Vietnamese English language education market. Vietnamese employers, is your priority to have a reliable, and experienced teacher or is it not?

Why should weight be a problem any more than age? Simply put, do you want a reliable and experienced teacher or don't you? Appearance, age, gender, height, weight, skin color and so on should not be a factor in the decision.

Please be patient Lady.

Actually, there are some preconceived opinions regarding age, gender of employees here in Hanoi.

However, I believe that you still have a chance to get a good job because you have not only a preference for teaching but notable experience.

Good luck.
If you dont hesitate, you contact me :)
See u

@strongman89: Thanks, but my statement was in general, not specifically about myself. I have plenty of work now, although would be happy to accept a bit more part-time work. My comments were directed at the school who rejected Teresa based on age and to the other commenter who thinks weight should be a problem. I find it very ridiculous that these things would be considered over qualifications and experience. The weight, age, and appearance bias that exists in many Asian countries makes me cringe. A school Principal once told me, "I thought all foreigners had yellow hair". What?!

Hello Teresa,
You sound exactly the kind of personality we are looking for :)
My partners are about to start recruiting native speakers for positions of English teacher for their clients in China and Taiwan.
If interested, please provide your CV (preferably with a picture) to xxx and we will contact you shortly.
Thank you.

Best regards
Anna Filippova

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum + drop an advert in the jobs section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Yes, I would love to hear about your online teaching opportunity. Can you send me information? ************

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security
Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of services not allowed on forum. Please drop advert in JOBS section