Expats living in Rehab share your experience please !

Hi ,

My husband, my sons and I are coming to Cairo in september. We finally decided to live in Rehab. How would you describe your life in this district? What do you like and don't like?

Thanks for sharing your experience !

The city is great it has a great service centers and full of activities but it is also a little crowded.

Thank you Mr Nice

Due to Rehab not being close enough to my childrens school I don't live there but if not for that restriction I would choose to live in Rehab. It's the right balance of enough of western standard services as well the cheaper services. It has a good number of leisure facilities and about the only place that has useable pavements to walk around the place.

Thank you NewC! May I ask you where are you living? I'm talking about Rehab but my husband and I are also thinking about New Cairo.

I live in New Cairo 5th settlement. I am very happy there but I wish there were more leisure activities to do myself and for my kids. The 5th settlement is less crowded than most of Cairo but is slowly catching up. In terms of shops, there are plenty and I (personally) feel the area is very safe.

The leisure facilities I crave do exist but are well beyond my economical reach. If you work in oil/energy (or similar) then New Cairo should cover all your needs but then again if you do have your own driver or don't need to be located close to anywhere specific then I still feel Rehab has more to offer at much lower costs.

Good luck with your decision and I hope you have a pleasant stay in Cairo. Keep an open mind, it'll be the deciding factor as to whether you enjoy Cairo or loathe it ;-)

Hi Nina,

Rehab is the right choice to locate, especially for an expat because it's safe, has everything in, good for children and house-wives  :)  Though within Rehab there are good, better and best locations.  For further questions you may PM me anytime. Bonne chance  :)

Hello Nina. I live in El Rehab too. Don't hesitate if you have any particular questions.

it"s very nice city my work in rehab city