Wise to just up and leave??

Im thinking about moving without finding a job and looking for one once there, i would take enough funds to last for 3/4 months. Is this the right thing to do? Im a fitness instructor, are these jobs easy to come by here?

vickie

It seems to me i am the only person not getting any replys. This sucks!

Welcome to Expat-blog, Vickie :)

Hope that members soon reply to your query.

Regards,
Sheetul

As an expat living here, I personally wouldnŽt just pick up and leave.  Are you looking to move to Amsterdam or another part of the Netherlands?  It will be important for you to learn the Dutch language, especially for your profession.  Also, keep in mind that moving to the larger cities is fine if you only have minimal knowledge of the Dutch language, but those are also the most expensive places to live.  Hope that helps!

Take care, and good luck!
Jess

Thank's for your reply. It is Amsterdam we want to go to, i know its expensive, but if the two of us manage to get full time jobs, this surely would be enough to live comfortable on?? Im lookin for course's to speak the langauge but found none so was thinking opting for Rosetta Stone if they do dutch! We will also still have our home in Scotland to come home to if things fail.:)

It's not only the home that you should be worried about...
In those times, work counts. So, don't leave your job if you haven't found a new one..

I have 2 jobs here, one of them is open for me to walk back into whenever i want :) How are things on the job front with you?

packing up things and going back home with empty hands. Still nothing...but hope is still there ;)

Ah no way that sucks! How long were you there?

Also, if you don't have a sponsor, immigration can be very hairy.  I'm not at all certain what I would have done if my boyfriend hadn't had the money to pay (almost 900 euros) the fee to let me stay with him.  I did "just up and leave"--the time between making the decision and flying was two weeks, but the nine months from when I arrived and when I got a BSN-number, a bank account, and a job (all in a month) were HARD.

Im from the UK, so wont have they type of problems.

I say go for it! I quit my well paying corporate job, sold my house and got rid of all my possessions to come here to be with my boyfriend whom, at the time, I had only known for a year! That was scarey but well worth it. Sometimes you just have to take the plunge and follow your heart and sometimes things just fall into place. Nothing ventured nothing gained. If you are able to work you will find something and if not, oh well...you go home :) Good Luck!