Temporary living before finding a flat

My husband (EU citizen) and I (Canadian) will be moving to Dublin in October ( I know this is a while away, but I like to be prepared), and we will need a place to stay while he looks for a job. I assume that no one would rent to us unless at east one of us had a steady income, despite our savings.
Can anyone steer us in the right direction for reasonably priced private rooms in the city? I don't want to pay an arm and a leg but I also don't want us to be in bunk beds in a room with 18 other people!

Thanks!

Anna

A double room in the city is hard to get, a Flat or apartment will cost you 1200 to 1600 Euros. If you move 5 miles outside Dublin you will get this for 850 to 1000. or a double room for 475 euros.  Tony in Lucan Co Dublin.

Hi lucan ! Is there a place for rent at your place ? I'm a south african and would like to rent for a week thank you.

Hi, I'm a south african male , matured. Single looking for a place to rent in dublin and cork from end august 2015, good price for a private accommodation, contact bradelta at hotmail.com

Hi everyone,

I suggest those who are looking for an accommodation and those who wish to offer one to post his respective ad in the housing section here > https://www.expat.com/en/housing/europe/ireland/dublin/

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Seems the housing and rentals blog hasn't been updated in a few months. ..anu other suggestions

I just arrived in Ireland four days ago and before I arrived I managed to secure one months accommodation (flat share - the girl whose room I have rented is going travelling for a month) - this will buy me some time to find a longer term solution.
I suggest anyone looking for any kind of accommodation (short or long term) go on to: www.daft.ie
This is how I found my place - great website for finding accommodation of all different lengths of leases!