Where to live in Dublin

Hello,

I will move to Dublin in August, and I have a few questions:
1. I will start work at a company near the Sandyford Industrial Estate, where do you recommend that I rent? I was looking on daft.ie and found a lot of lovely 1 bedroom apartments in Dublin 18 (800-1000 euro). I will not be bringing my car there, is it feasible to live on the outskirts of Dublin without a car? I will like to visit the city center, especially in the evenings, for the theater plays and other stuff.
2. Does the rent usually include utilities? If not, what is the approximate expected utilities bill for a 1 bedroom, 2 person apartment?
3. Is there any non-stop public transport in Dublin?

Thank you,
Andrei

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Andrei!

I hope other members will be able to provide you with some useful information soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi, D18 is a great area, there's a very efficient Public transport system called the luas that runs from dublin 18 to the city center http://www.luas.ie/luas-green-line-stops/,
but bear in mind that they stop operating late at night, I think it's 12.30 or 1 for the luas I'm not sure. grabbing a taxi to where you live won't be easy on your pocket so be careful.

What is the name of the building you found the apartment in? The kube apartments are central park are great too.

The price you found seems good, all decent 1 bedroom apartments in the south-side are around that amount (if not more)
Electricity costs me about 50-60 euros a month, TV, broadband and internet from UPC are around 40-60 euros.

Hi, thanks for the answer. The building's name is South Central @ Rockbrook (link). Is there any night-time public transport that connects Sandyford or Leopardstown to Dublin?

I think if it's really late, there is Dublin's NiteLink it operates on Friday and saturday only, fair is 5 euros.

dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/Nitelink-Services/Nitelink/

By the way the place looks amazing! hope u enjoy it!