Very Urgent Matter: Affordable salary to live in Abu Dhabi?

My husband has received an offer to work in Abu Dhabi and we need to answer in 6 days.

The offer includes:

- Basic salary: 25.550 AED
- Transport allowance: 1.450 AED
- Housing allowance: 8.000 AED

TOtal: 35.000 AED / month... Is it enough for a family of 3: My husband, me and my kid of almost 2 years old?

Thank you in advance

Hello clarabv and welcome on board :)

Could you please tell us for what Job position has your husband received this offer so that members can advise if it is a relevant offer for the field.

You may browse through threads in our Cost of Living in Abu Dhabi section of the forum to gather some infos

Best Regards
Kenjee

Depends on your lifestyle and other items in the package (medical insurance, schooling fees, bonus). This is OK for a start and for a family of 3 with a young kid.

You can even expect to make some saving (AED 5 to 10 K per month) to cover your pension scheme at home.

Take care that for the rent in Abu Dhabi, the landlords will ask you to pay 1 year upfront, so you will start there with having to pay cash around AED 100 K. Try to have included in the labor contract of your husband that company is providing accommodation or is paying the housing allowance at once every year, Also try to have included a mobilization allowance of one month of salary that will cover all the unavoidable costs you have when arriving (various utilities deposits, 2-3 weeks at the hotel, rental car, furniture for your home,...)

Also try to negotiate to have included in your husband's contract that the company is giving a schooling allowance (you child is young now but when the time will come to have  him/her going to school, this is going to cost a lot).

You will really enjoy and make saving if yourself starts working as well.

Hello!

Considering a monthly salary of 1 lakh per month in India, your equivalent salaray in Abu Dhabi should be at least 35.000 gross per month (taking into account housing and cost of living differential). When I say equivalent, it means maintaining the same standard of living in UAE.

Then you should look into tuition fees and private medical insurance.

All the best with your new life!

It all depends on country You are coming from, You can simply check how much saving u will have after all expenses, I dont recommend to shift ,if your saving doesnt increased by 100 % atleast