American marrying in egypt

I will be marrying in egypt in dec.  what questions will they ask me when I apply at conscelet.

Hi which consulate are you going to the Egyptian one or American embassy?  Just some personal advice it is best to only marry in the Egyptian court systems because that marriage is only valid here in Egypt, I say this because it is best to wait a couple years to see how the marriage is going before you go to the American embassy to marry-that is permanent and then he is entitled to half your assets in America.  I am American, are married to an Egyptian for 10 years but only here in Egypt.  Good luck email me if you have any questions about this ************

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Email address removed for your own security

I think just the Egyptian one, I'm not sure. but wasn't sure what all I needed and what kind of questions they would ask me.  I have known my soon to be husband for over a year now.

Hi they don't ask you anything just to bring documents like your passport and birth certificate with you when you go.  Its  very easy not like back home.  I have been married to an Egyptian for around 10 years now and pretty much know it all, but please don't marry them in the American embassy in Cairo, I never did that.  I'd tell you more, but not on public form.  Good Luck

They wouldn't ask you anything, all will be done in Arabic and you wouldn't even understand what they are doing because very few of the judges can even speak English.