Moving to Plelan Le Grand near Rennes

Hi there my husband and I will shortly be moving from Barcelona to Brittany in the next couple of months.  He is from there and has family and friends near by bt I would like to meet some English speaking parents in the area as I have a 4 year old who is desperate to keep speaking English with some ŽfriendsŽ! Anyone out there live near Plelan Le Grand or Rennes who would like to get in contact? (I have a 1 year old too and have been working running kids workshops in art, music and dance for 3 years in Barcelona).

Thnx

Sara

Hello Sara and welcome to Expat.com :)

Maybe you could have a look on the Network of expats in Brittany and have a look on their profile?

Wish you good luck,
Arlette

hello sara im not from the city you said but i just want to write in order to say you that i only want to progress in english that is why i chose to write mail to have contact with someone who is english and i wanna write as more as possible and i want you to help me cause i am decided to perfect it since i learnt it for 10 years (i love england, english...) and later i would like to find a job which require this language can you sometimes test or correct my english please????????????????????????thanks you very much i relie on you and qood luck.felicita.

Hi there
I am not a parent, but I my mother tongue is English, I have a contact, Sarah also who has a little boy and we are both Australian.
I am inbetween countries, about to move to France, leaving Australia. So I will be in and out of the loop but please stay in contact.
Nikki :)

Hi!
I'm not close, but not that far either... I live in St Lormel (near Plancoet/ St Cast), and I am half American. My son doesn't yet speak (he's one), but I'm sure he will be very eager to with all the English speaking kids he meets once he starts!
If you want to meet up one day and get them to know each other (and us too), we're about 1h15 away.
Saskia

Hi Sara i live in Rennes and am about to have my first baby in September, i'm a performer and am involved with Les Atelier du Vents (an arts collective based in an old mustard factory)...
hope you have settled in a bit? I've been in Brittany a while but finding it hard to make the friends i need! i'll talk english with your son! Is your partner french or spanish?

Emma

Hi - I'm Shelley - living near Fougeres which is about 30 mins north of Rennes. I've lived here for 5 years now with my French husband and 4 kids ( all bilingual). It can be tricky to make new friends - here I have great neighbours and some nice French friends via the school, but I miss having English-speaking friends on hand sometimes too! Also, I would very much like my children to see other bilingual kids - its good for them to jabber away in Franglaise sometimes! My kids are 4, 6, 10 and 11 years old. I'm not working at the moment (we have a gite and renovating the house has been keeping me busy) but am currently studying to teach English for business purposes in the area.
If you are interested in getting in touch, I'd love to hear from you! Best wishes, Shelley