British expat family considering move from Addis Ababa

Hello,

Anyone lived or visited Addis Ababa?  Would you be able to tell me how living in Aman compares to Addis Ababa thanks.

Also:

1.  Is there a German (Primary) School?
2.  Good nurseries for little ones (2.5 year old)?
3.  Domestic help available?
4.  Reliable safe taxis with proper metres?
5.  Safe parks, shopping malls to walk around?
6.  Is there as much hassle on the streets towards foreigners as in Addis Ababa?
7.  Kids sports clubs (horse riding, swimming lessons, tag rugby)?
8.  Good weekend domestic tourism?
9.  Good enough healthcare for young children?

Thanks again!

Hello AddisRugby,

I would suggest you to browse through the different forum categories available on the Amman forum on the right hand side of the page to get more information about what you are looking for.

Concerning domestic help i can suggest you to have a look at the section Housemaid jobs in Amman.

I hope you will get more information from the members soon..:)

Thank you
Yuveshen

AddisRugby wrote:

Hello,

Anyone lived or visited Addis Ababa?  Would you be able to tell me how living in Aman compares to Addis Ababa thanks.Also:

1.  Is there a German (Primary) School?   I am not sure but I think there is
2.  Good nurseries for little ones (2.5 year old)?  Yes
3.  Domestic help available?  Yes
4.  Reliable safe taxis with proper metres?  Yes
5.  Safe parks, shopping malls to walk around?  Yes
6.  Is there as much hassle on the streets towards foreigners as in Addis Ababa?  No
7.  Kids sports clubs (horse riding, swimming lessons, tag rugby)?  Yes
8.  Good weekend domestic tourism? Yes
9.  Good enough healthcare for young children?  Yes

Thanks again!

You're welcome  :D

There's no comparison between the two locations; Amman is a world class city with international corporations, investment banks, 5 star hotels, malls, best health care in middle east, one of the safest cities in the region etc.

Addis Ababa is a third world city where people struggle with famine, unemployment, crime etc

source: lived in Addis for awhile / frequent visitor to Amman.

gulfport wrote:

There's no comparison between the two locations; Amman is a world class city with international corporations, investment banks, 5 star hotels, malls, best health care in middle east, one of the safest cities in the region etc.

Addis Ababa is a third world city where people struggle with famine, unemployment, crime etc

source: lived in Addis for awhile / frequent visitor to Amman.

"Best health care in Middle East" . Then I'd hate to see the healthcare in other ME countries!