Well, we made it!

Been here (Lomas Mironas) just over 1 wk now...spending time in the villa we purchased last june , for the first time! Loving it!. spent the first week doing some minor decorating and repairs as the property is a rental in our absense, and catching up with friends we have met thru DCDR.
Head out daily with a list of maybe 10 things to get and feel pretty lucky if we find 2!!...toilet seats are 1 item that seem evasive,lol..modern low watertoilet  non standard shape,  We,ve drawn pictures, taken pics, and measured several times, can buy the whole toilet, but looks like we will have to order the seat or find at home for next trip back.
Thanks Bob, for putting us in touch with Luis at L and I car rental, real nice guy and about 200$ U.S cheaper than the BIG guys. Soon as I mentioned your name, he was so happy! just wrote down my DL number and off we went! Had to go back as 1 window would not close, and by the time we had breakfast at Baileys, was all fixed.
Have managed to get out for beers and food a few times. Chez Arsinio was amazing, as was Aly's Surf and Laguna.
Spent an afternoon at Cabarete, prob do the same again today (tough job but someones gotta do it) Spent 2 nites partying in Sosua to let us remember we are not 20 anymore!!
A little less than a week left for this trip :( but next will be much longer.
Got a 3 month rental coming in the day we leave so will be awhile.
Thanks to all for all the great tips and advice!

Cheers,
Donna and Ken

Glad you made it in and L und I worked out for you. Luis is a good guy. Have you checked Lunares and Freddy's in Cabarete for the toilet seat?

Sounds like you are keeping busy. Enjoy the rest of your stay

Bob K

devakikumar22
Welcome to the forum. Why don't you tells a little about yourself.

Bob K

Welcome Donna and Ken.  Keep us posted on all your progress!!!!

Darn it1 Back home in Canada again! WifI Almost as bad here as it was in the DR so has taken me a bit to get on here as well as work has been busy since we got back, playing catch up.
What an awesome trip we had! Wish we coulda stayed longer, but couldnt have even if we wanted as we had a renter coming in the day we left for 3 months. Working on our next trip down, cant wait til next Christmas when we are coing for at least a month.
We managed to get some finishing touches done to the villa, caught up with some online friends from DCDR, Donna did an outreach, which is something she wants to be more involved in when we are there more.
We spent several nites partying in Sosua, and many afternoons and evenings at Cabarete, eating drinking and being lazy. We drove around the North coast some, usually in the morning, when alot less traffic!!
Thanks, Bob, for tips on toilet seats, we tryed both of them, as well as Pappaterras, Sirena with no luck. Finally stopped into Kitchen and Bath near our place and he dug around and found one someone had ordered and never picked up...so problem solved!...and I didnt have to drive around with a broken one in the backseat anymore!...apparently I could make a good living as a toilet seat importer,as they are hard to find. After talking to a few bar owners, they are constantly having to replace them aspeople steal  them   regularly.
In short, we cant wait to be back!

We look forward to  your return.

Bob K