Saudi Employer Offer letter

Dear Friends,

I have received offer letter from Riyadh based employer duly attested by MEA and chamber of commerce today morning and i am being asked to sign off and send it to the agent in Bombay,I was proactive in reviewing the offer letter and was surprised to know the offer made (Compensation) to me earlier which was signed and agreed between the two parties earlier was differing from the MEA and COB attested Offer letter. I have replied back to the employer seeking clarity. I got the following response.

My question to Employer -

"Please hold on, before we proceed further may you please clarify why the attested offer letter/employment contract attached differs from the one i signed & submitted earlier? Please advise to proceed further"

Response from employer -

"
Kindly note that the attested  offer is for Visa purposes only and will not affect the one signed originally , please provide the dummy contract to the agent in order to proceed with the Visa process ".

I request on this blog to help me making a decision. Is this how Saudi Arabia operates?

Look forward for your response.

KaleemImran,Syed

It's not surprising for me. There's no proper system in Saudi Arabia, By law it's illegal but many cases proceeded through this way.

I spoke to my employers agent, he says that the dummy offer will not play a important role after i land in Saudi,as i need to sign labor contract with my employer after i land in Saudi? I am worried of what would be repurcations? what may go wrong?

I do not want to loose the offer as its y dream to work in Saudi Arabia.I do not want to put up self in any trouble.Please suggest me the way forward.

Regards

kaleem

Well my friend, it's either you jump in and see what will happen, or insist on getting a corrected contract, it's true that most of company do this to either minimize cost of visa or to be able to urgently process visa(for sometimes it's harder to process visa of those who have higher profession) ; but on the other hand it does happen at times that employer tries luring some people on signing contract with different details and upon arriving in KSA proceeding on what has been detailed in the contract, so in other words tricking people, on a better note companies are now much more aware of such unlawful acts or lets say much conscious of the punishment and problem it may bring to them, so you have that going, but in the end the decision is still yours to keep, either trust them or be smart and demand for another letter supporting their claim that the contract is only a DUMMY CONTRACT thus will not have power nor the rights to change the closed salary deal or insist on changing the details in the contract.

Thank you for your response my dear friend. I need your advise on the below as well.

Visa process has taken a very long time now, say 7-8 months and after waiting for a long time now Saudi based future employers VISA consultant in India has contacted me on 15th April 2015 saying that my Engineering degree certificate has been rejected by Saudi embassy as HRD attestation has to be redone. Saudi cultural attestation has been completed.

I got really disappointed and loosing my interest in this employment opportunity.And during this Saudi VISA process tenure i could not take up any other better offer's (Eg. one from Kuwait and one from UK) that came on my way as my Degree certificate & Marks sheet were stuck with Future saudi employers VISA consultant.

And now my current employer in India has planned to send me on an overseas long term assignment (On-site deputation on Major Project in Saudi Arabia starting from October 2015) and asked me to submit my pass port and Degree certificate and i am very much interested to continue in my current employment in India.

I would like to say NO to my future employer in Saudi at this stage after Saudi cultural attestation is completed.  And i would like to know from you what would be the legal implications if i say no to my future Saudi employer, Will he create any problem for me to enter into Saudi later for any future opportunities in Saudi Arabia?

I am in dilemma and confusion and urgently seek experts advise.

Look forward for your response ASAP.

Regards

kaleemimran wrote:

T..........
I would like to say NO to my future employer in Saudi at this stage after Saudi cultural attestation is completed.  And i would like to know from you what would be the legal implications if i say no to my future Saudi employer, Will he create any problem for me to enter into Saudi later for any future opportunities in Saudi Arabia?

I am in dilemma and confusion and urgently seek experts advise.

Look forward for your response ASAP.

Regards

NO. They won't and they can not do anything to you.

I am of the opinion first go with trusted travel agencies. All travel agents say about their commission and delay the process without giving proper feedback. Secondly, Saudi Attestation is Must HRD and Cultural. Without these, you can't get into a prominent role.

As far as India is concerned Best COnsultancy is ****: I have gone to KSA with their clients AL Marai. I have not faced any issues. I don't trust any other consultants even if it is good also rest all are cheaters.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please recommend in the business directory or share the names/contact details through the private messaging system of the website. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct