Renting a house in cannes

Dear all,

We are moving to Cannes in two weeks. My husband's work place is rue de Villiers, Neuilly-sur-Seine Cedex. We have 2.5 years old daughter, so we cannot live in the hotel for a long time and we have to find a house asap. I have no idea about cannes.. I've heard that people prefer to live nice and work in cannes, because nice is much more cheaper. But which parts of nice is close to my husband's work place? And also we have to find a house near to nursery schools, like Les Colibris..
We are looking for a house in a secure place, with ground floor, and around 1000 euro cost.
Where would you advice me to live? Which part of cannes or nice is better?
thanks

If you are looking for a house on the French Riviera between Nice and Cannes expect to pay twice what you are planning.  It would be relatively easy to find and apartment in that price range if you are looking for a one or two bedroom apartment in Nice, Saint Laurant du Var or perhaps Antibes.  The Côte d'Azur is quite expensive.
Good luck with your move.

Did you say that your husband was working in Neuilly-sur-Seine?  This is near Paris and about 900 plus kilometers (and many hours of travel) from the Nice/Cannes area, so I am a little confused about what your need is.  On the issue of affordable housing in the Nice/Cannes area, I would like to suggest looking into Menton, as well as Villefranche-sur-Mer.  Both cities tend to be a little more affordable than the rest of the area.  As an alternative, and if you are not attached to being right by the waterfront, you may want to consider living a half hour to an hour or so north from the waterfront.  Doing so should substantially reduce your housing costs.

Good luck! 

Laurence Raybois