Shipping things from USA to Australia

I am new to this Expat.com forum.  My husband and I are moving to Sydney, Australia from Georgia, USA.  We have tried to research the cost of shipping things to Sydney but it is very overwhelming trying to get quotes on what it would cost.  We don't have a lot of stuff (clothes, china, picture albums, etc) and almost no furniture that we want to take and we can't figure out the most economical way to ship it.  Does anyone know of a good international shipping company and can actually tell me the name of it, how much it cost you to ship, and the best way to go about this.  We would really appreciate any help and advice!

Welcome on Expat-blog csd! You can ask for a free quote and advice for shipping your luggage to Australia here: https://www.expat.com/en/luggage/oceania/australia/

Hope this helps,
Christine

I have been shipping my things to and from australia recently and noticed a good Shipping to australia which has worked so far for me anyway. Im looking into shipping cars next which might be a bit more of a headache than personal effects!

Hi there,

I work for an international relocation company, you would expect to pay somewhere around AUS $1500-3500 for what you are talking about. It is really hard to to give you an exact figure without knowing exactly what you have. If you need some help i can suggest ways to go about things for you. feel free to email me on [email protected]

Regards,
michael

That is quite funny, as I moved FROM the land of Oz to Atlanta! I used urelocation.com to help with my shipping needs.

Unlike price USA, there are international parcel forwarders that would provide you with a personal lifelong US-based address to consolidate and forward your purchases through.

Here are a few options to look into:
www.parcelbound.com

hey Hello! I never shipped anything from USA to Sydney, but I read on portuguese newspaper here in sydney that they do international shipping, i dont have any contact  now but i will find out for you ok.
How are you by the way?
you guys have any kids?
Why coming to Australia? My name  is Walker, Im from Brazil, and i live in Sydney about 8 years. The time passed quicky!Im married to, i dont have kids but my missus has 2 boys from her's first marriage one live with us, other one already moved out with girl friend.
Where about you guys are going to live here in Sydney?
nice to write to you, if need anything dont hesite email me ok!
take care
Mike

thanks