Traffic in Australia

Hello everyone,

Which city or area do you live in in Australia, and how do you find the traffic?

How long does it take to commute to work or run errands?

Is there a rush hour in your city? What times of the day would you recommend people to avoid driving if they can?

Are there any ways to avoid spending too much time in traffic in Australia?

What is parking availability and cost like?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi
There is not usually any traffic congestion in Perth as there are many good freeways. The public transport system is very good news it is used extensively with large car parks at all stations.
We live about 6 kilometres from the city centre and even at peak times 30 mins is the usual travel time.

Cheers. John

I should have said 26 kilometres and must add that car parking in the city is quiet expensive as the idea is to get more people on the public transport.

Cheers

John

Hi,

We live in Perth, Western Australia. Traffic is easy going to work at about 8.30am. I take 20 mins plus to reach my office in the city which is 26 km away from home.

Parking is very safe, covered and cost me about $280 a month in the city. Very good living standard compared to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia!

Janet

I live in the Lockyer Valley, in Queensland.

It takes about 20 minutes to do the regular 22km trip. Or about 15 minutes if I drive at the speed limits, (mostly 100kph).
Rush hour is around 9am and 3pm, schools times, for about 10 minutes, but that's only about 5 or 6 cars in a queue.
Parking is free.
I actually enjoy driving again now.

This is a lot different to living in the City...

Hi priscilla

How are you doing today only i wanted to know more about Australia expats and how you guys working for the community around the country, and what is impact to the community in general again i would also understand that many people are facing a lots of the problems through traffics as it is a challenges which is affected people to do their best in order of using their time and things they may need at all.

Then tell me also how can we work together in different way of communication plans and programs of the all expats which are available in this mood of helping community in Australia please,or around the Worldwide.

Hope to hear from you soon,again I'm hereby to tell you that I'am a refugee from Democratic Republic of the Congo DRC,based in Uganda as a refugee in Uganda of Nakivale Refugee Settlement.

Best regards

Alex Bucunga

Hi everyone,

@ Alex, Priscilla forms part of the Expat.Com Team and this is a general topic which has been launched to gather as much information possible.

Since you have questions of your own, feel free to create a new topic on the Australia forum so as to reach for members.

All the best,
Bhavna