Upgrading degree!!

Hi guyzzz does anyone know any credible online university or any diploma courses which i can do in riyadh....

Walden university. . I am already enrolled for a doctorate program

Oh tats nice. Do u know by any chance where they are credited from??
I personally want to do a project managment diploma.
Followed by MBA
Wat program are you on??
Can u plz send me the link pm me...

There are a load of real brick-and-mortar universities in the US and UK which offer online programs as well.  You can just google search with "online project management diploma" and see what you find.  Use different keywords as well, such as distance instead of online, courses instead of diploma, etc.

Do not go for any universities which are only online, as they are not as good as the proper existing universities.

Just a tip: Since you want to be a student, it would help to brush up on search skills using google.  Within a few seconds, I was able to get to Walden's University's entry on Wikipedia and see who they are accredited (not *credited*) by, as well as their history and what programs they offer.  Walden's own webpage of course offers a lot more info, and is also easily found using google.

Dude u hav wayyy more free time to offer tips I will try to do same but in shorter manner.
Tip:
Btw there is a fine line being funny and just being n asshole so better recognize the line.
Secondly always better to know abt people experience.
Stop finding mistake in other ppl post if u hav nothing to.offer. There is a saying if ' if you can say somethinh nice better shut up'.
So just a advice.

You have obviously taken this in the wrong way.  I was most definitely not an "asshole" in my post, let alone rude.  Seems like you don't know where the line is.

I do have something to offer, I offered you advice which you needed and did not know about before:

There are a load of real brick-and-mortar universities in the US and UK which offer online programs as well.  You can just google search with "online project management diploma" and see what you find.  Use different keywords as well, such as distance instead of online, courses instead of diploma, etc.

Do not go for any universities which are only online, as they are not as good as the proper existing universities.

Plus I informed you that the info you requested from Ammario is just a click away and easily found, but you did not like that.

As for the advice you offered, perhaps you should act on it too, or is calling people an "asshole" considered 'nice' by you?

trapezius,

i apologize for this in appropriate remark by our friend. There was no need for this, the whole point of the forum is to SHARE our views, give different POINT OF VIEWS, and in process HELP each other.

We may disagree with others, and we must learn to show our disagreement decently without using insulting tone.

I honestly think that if person has the guts to type in some words which he may not have courage to say to you in person, can only qualify for my sympathy.

Thank you riazcdki, but you don't have to apologize.  Agreed with your post.

I firmly believe that it is better to teach a man how to fish rather than give him some fish.  Perhaps I was curt in my original post, but I would definitely not label it as being rude, let alone being an asshole.

Well I felt offended to be honest. I think I wasnt nice abt my comment too and ya it wasnt nice of me but I felt insulted.
Plus the link I requested was for his course.
And its always good to hav know people experience and learn from them rather then jump in it wit ur money.
I have been researching abt programs for a ehile n I want to be sure tat the program I register in is acceptable in saudi arabia.
As everything here is a bit inverse here..
Hav any of u guyz done distance learning???

I clearly did not mean to offend, and thanks for explaining.

I have been researching abt programs for a ehile n I want to be sure tat the program I register in is acceptable in saudi arabia.

In that case, from what I know Saudi Arabia does not accept distance programs.  Look into it some more, ask people in HR at your company and ask your friends at other companies to ask their HR personnel.  I definitely know for a fact that distance education is not accepted of those wanting to come here to work as university instructors.  In other areas, I am not sure.

Brothers salroxx and fayad,

Let me try not  to give you a philosophical lecture on life in general, I would like to be more specific to the subject.

First of all online degrees and diplomas have been seen with mistrust and suspicion with almost all the prospective employers of this region. It may not be wrong to say they are taken as FAKE qualifications and let us be honest, most of them are.You can find some addresses on the net, send them usd 200 from your credit card and you will get the degree.

From your profile I see you are a UK mechanical engineer, do you already have a degree or do you have a diploma, please do not take it as an offence, Diploma also means a 2nd grade qualification which does not take you too far in your carrier.

So what is the solution: a) you save some money and do a 1 year ( which is in fact 9 months) full time by taking time off from your work, as a british national you will also qualify for a grant. I have seen with most multinational companies in KSA, after a few years of employment will allow  an unpaid leave.

b) you can do a modular MS or MBA where you go to the UK for 10 to 12 week for 3 years and submit your dissertation  while living in KSA ( example Bradford University)

c) Some of my friends have recently been sending their kids  to Germany. There is no tuition fees ( you only pay euro 300 as the union fees yearly) , German Universities rank very highly and most courses are conducted in English language.

d) If you insist in not leaving KSA, I will advise you to acquire SKILLS rather than qualifications. I will give you a few examples. An expert trainer on AUTOCAD, Project Management Software and SAP gets around SR 30,000 package. You can train on any of these in your spare time.

A last word brother at the end, I am sure you are pursuing all of this to be more "successful" in life. I suggest you polish up your EQ rather than your IQ. ( read more on Emotional Quotient on the net). I wish I had known about EQ when I was 20 year old!!

m.fayad wrote:

yes please let me know too

Whats wrong with this guy ,since few hours he is all over the forum  :blink: ,typing single line BS, if he doesnt come to his senses better ban him. :nothappy:
and riazcdki that dude is spamming all over ,he doesnt deserve this.

I did not know that. I only read the sections that interest me. Thanks anyway.

salroxx wrote:

Well I felt offended to be honest. I think I wasnt nice abt my comment too and ya it wasnt nice of me but I felt insulted.
Plus the link I requested was for his course.
And its always good to hav know people experience and learn from them rather then jump in it wit ur money.
As everything here is a bit inverse here..
Hav any of u guyz done distance learning???

Mr.salroxx or whatever your name is ,you are the one who came up and posted this thread asking for help ,and if you feel anything but offended please dont cuss, and let me tell something to you and i dont care if you get offended or not ,first of all i was going to comment on your thread and (offer help) but since with my experience on the forums some people like you who just come and ask for help but in turn reply rudely when someone gives them some info. You dont deserve the help.
and if you feel so offended ,dont ask the question in the first place ,if you were so ambitious on doing a distance course then let alone on your RESEARCH you should have got all the info that you needed.

University of Liverpool
I'm doing online MBA
It is ranked 157 globally
But it is very difficult to study in it, they use mainly Harvard resources and very advanced text books
It gives you a huge knowledge but again, you need to dedicate around 20-30 hours of studying per week.
If you want I can introduce you to them
They do have a project management diploma as well.