UK Degree Attestation

Hi, I want to get my UK bachelors Derby university attested. What is the procedure? Can the consulate have any such service?

It has to be attested by Saudi authorities in the UK.

http://www.uksacb.org/sites/default/fil … 0Saudi.pdf

I just need to send my documents by mail, and don't need to have any agent or friend in United Kingdom?

I don't know, seems like you can do it from here, but see the thread below, where someone is saying you have to go there in person.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=313617

If it is possible to do it from here, it would still be advisable to go through an agent, as it would be quicker and smoother with an agent.

I think I need to mail Cultural Bureau to ask if sending documents to their address can get my documents attested. Or if they have any authorized agents in Saudi Arabia.

Yes, we had a long discussion about this. The problem is the part where you have to go to a notary, for example what I found on the web:

Here's the information on attestation that I was just given:

Please find below the detailed steps in getting your certificates legalised and attested.

Step 1

Original or a photocopy of the Certificate stamped by a Notary Public or Solicitor

Step 2

Original or a photocopy of the Certificate endorsed by The Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the country which issued the document.

In my case, I just went through this procedure in the UK in September. This is what I had to do. You wouldn't be able to send off documents to get notarised in the UK from abroad.

Basically, you need to contact an agent/consulate to find out the exact procedure in your case.

PS I would always get degrees/important certificates authenticated and scanned onto your hard drive before leaving your home country.. Seems a lot easier.

I sent an email and that's what they replied.

Dear Applicant,

To submit your request for document attestation, please follow below steps:

1.       Complete the electronic application http://www.uksacb.org (left top of the page).
1. Print out the proof of submission and post your complete request to Cultural Bureau address.
2. To speed up the process you need to request your college/university/royal college/hospital to send email to confirm your qualification/experience to [email protected]   and copy to you, print and include copy of the email when you post your documents to this office.
3. Include self addressed envelope (for out of UK applicants) and special delivery envelope for (UK applicants) to return the certificate.

So I believe I can get the documents attested without travelling myself or an agent.

Okay, keep us posted on how it goes/how long it takes..

PS That attestation link doesn't actually open on my computer. Good luck.

The link I posted is a lik to a PDF file, and it definitely opens.

Trapezius wrote:

The link I posted is a lik to a PDF file, and it definitely opens.

Yes, it does. I am talking about the link that the OP just posted.. Where he is says go to the top left of the page. When you do, there is a box which says 'Document Attestation' and it doesn't open. At least on my machine..

Well, neither here. Maybe they will fix it soon.

My friend i have been to hell and back getting British Degrees attested this is the scenario i had.

When i went to get my wives visa, they rejected the application because my degrees had not been attested by the Saudi Consulate in the UK.

i so assumed instead of sending back to the UK if i could get the British council and British Embassy to sign and attest it that would be enough i also had it translated into Arabic i guess i was wrong! still rejected again.

No the problem is the way they attest degrees in the UK is not correct! due to british laws. In the UK law you are not allowed to attest british documentation as it goes down as tampering of originals. So the process is they photocopy the originals and have them attested and sent alongside your application. But the arabs do not like this method yet they are willing to accept it for visa issuing ??? 

The end result is its all a political game ! the best thing to do is get your HR services guy to go see the General Manager at the Ministry they usually approve the attestation and application if you get it signed and stamped from the British Council and Embassy in riyadh with translation.

If this fails this is what you need to do!

1. Visit the sacb.co.uk website and select the link degree legalization you will see a form with some requirements.

you need 3 letters

1. A letter from your employer stating the reason why they require SACB to attest the degree
2. A letter from your self (covering letter) requesting them to do it on your behalf
3. A sign declaration power of attorney to give SACB permission to attest your Degree send all of this with your original document to them in London process takes 2 - 4 weeks.

But apparently the law has changed now they have recently asked people to change their job professions to match the degrees to avoid this headache.

Hope this helps.

P.S the final option is:

1. Take legal action with support from a legal person
2. Send all documents to the FCO in UK (Milton Keynes)
3. Get the british education ministry in the UK to attest the degrees or have them send you a letter stating the degree attestation process.

hi Saeen, so what happened and how did you get your UK degree attested for your job in KSA? Actulaly i am in a similar situation and need urgent help. Below is my query

I have a UK based bachelor degree (earned in Pakistan).I have a job offer from Saudi Arabia so I need to get my degree verified and attested ( equivalence is not an option) to fulfill the requirements of Saudi cultural mission and consulate for getting the work visa.Kindly let me know:

•    What are the requirements for Saudi cultural mission& Saudi embassy in this case (also specify which country will it be attested in)
•    I have got my degree attested from British council ( in Pakistan). What if I try get it done from foreign affairs (Pakistan) will that be enough for getting the work visa for me and later my family

Hi Oakber,

I am interested to take admission in derby university. I live in UAE and my concern is degree attestation.

I just want to ask you that did you get your degree attested and what are the procedure.

Because if I will not able to get this degree attestation then it will be useless for me.

Regards,

Aamir

Hi dear, please let me know how did you get Saudi embassy and Saudi culture stamp on your uk degree earned in Pakistan. I am going through to same scenario and need your help

Hi Guys,

I sent my degree (colored copy) to Saudi Culture in UK and got it approved...then after their approval it was sent through a friend to Saudi Embassy in UK...after both stamps...I presented it back to Saudi Embassy for visa stamping... To speed things up...I got in touch with my UK university to expedite whem they receive request. I also contacted Saudi Culture office in UK and they were nice enough to keep me in the loop of Email which they sent to my university...so I could follow up. I hope this helps

BTE the above process will be required if degree equivalence is not available ...Do you wanna try that first ?

HEC is unable to provide me with an equivalence as they informed for my University they only give equivalence who passed out in or after 2005. However my degree issued in 2002

Ok better to go ahead with UK process

Dear I came to know that Saudi culture doesn't stamp external degree. Is this true?
Very much confused and don't know what is the way out from this maze. Please help me out.

Dear it's written very clear on Saudi culture website that they won't attest degree if the applied did not study in UK.

they attested it back then... not sure what the rule is now... can you send me the link where this rule is written?

https://attestation.uksacb.org

Applications will be rejected in the following instances:
Unclear copies of required documents
Distance learning (applied did not study in the UK)

Hi Drsyedkam,

I have noticed in the tread that you were trying to get the UK degree (distance learning) attestation. Can you please advise how did you manage to get the attestation of UK distance learning certification. Currently, I am in the same situation.  Please share your experience.

same situation still confused.can you share a details with me if you done it process.

Hello Guys,

If you have distance learning degree (as in you studied in a country other than UK but have a degree from UK university). It all depends on your luck. Sometimes they will approve it and sometimes they won't.

You need to apply on Uk cultural bureau site first. www.uksacb.com

Hi All,

I have registered on the website - however the verification email has not come through, even after 30 minutes and 2 days,

Emailed [email protected] - no replies - any suggestions

@Serene79 hi Serene please check your junk mail

Hello everyone please help me with some clarifications!

I am living in pakistan and I have uk degree from heriot watt university. I studied physically in the dubai campus for four years.

is this acceptable by uksacb ?

@macsaravan hey! I'm in the same situation. Did you manage to get your distance learning degree attested?

Please let me know if anyone has been successful in their application to SACB with distance learning degree?

I have a job offer in KSA and want my degree attested but heard SACB reject all distance learning degree applications :(

Any update on this thread?

@mashaaljaffar92 have you sorted the matter?

Please let me know if anyone has been successful in their application to SACB with distance learning degree? I have a job offer in KSA and want my degree attested but heard SACB reject all distance learning degree applications sad.png-@mashaaljaffar92

Did you find any workaround?