Sahara Mall Brunch

Reposting from the hijacked thread:-

From CAF:

Ok Fans,

Brunch/lunch is set for this Thursday, July 1, 2010, at the Sahara Mall Food Court at 11 am for all who would like to attend.  Hubby and I are looking forward to catching up and meeting many of you in person!  I'll be the one in a black abaya lol & green scarf!   

Please RSVP by PM so I know who is planning on attending.  Thanks!

unquote

You may want to send your mobile numbers to CAF too just in case we get lost in there? Its your choice.

should i suggest the removal of this post please??

why shahab?

shahab.ali wrote:

should i suggest the removal of this post please??

I know your concern Shabby but the thing is,Its all right if u r not meeting in covered and hidden cabin.We would be in family area.

So chill Yar

and I may be accompanying my mom,I hope that won't be a problem.I am already missing my girls a lot :(

Nonz - Sooooooo Glad your going to come!  And looking forward to meeting your Mom too!:)

Yechhhhhhh

Nachoo (=Lets Dance)

\\ //
// \\
\\ //
// \\
\\ //
// \\
\\ //
// \\

Hey Burhan & Ahad why dont u guys join too :) that's a good chance to meet :)

returning to the new post I recently found. lol

count me in.

I'm jealous :(

Looking forward to meeting you all..come on Shababy..I'll be your Ninja Momma for the day :lol:

Salman - So glad your going to join us too!  :)

shabby would never come ,he is big time "phatu" :D

Oh, I hope he can make it!

Nonz, pls bring your Iqama and make sure Mom has her Passport or other visa documentation with her, PLEASE!

Heheheheh. 

MM, there is another in our party that must do the same thing - I won't mention names....  lol

See you all soon!  :)

Our grandkids, Maria (16) & Abdullah (13), will join us hopefully. I must remember to bring their Iqamas too, I guess?

Wonderful!  Yes, Bring the documents....  :)

Well, i can not PROMISE I will make it, but I will give the old college try.

Looking forward to seeing the young Paramedic. Please try and make it. Treat it as a 997 call. Thanks!

If i treat it as a 997 call then there is a high likelihood I will not make it...and if I do make it in typical 997 fashion, it will be probably 30 minutes late, and ill prepared...

All kidding aside, I am pretty sure I will be there... I have Salman's phone number, and will call when I am in the area...

TE

we will certainly keep an ear open for the ambulance siren...

WTENGEL - glad you are planning on coming out to mingle!

BUT you're making me REALLY nervous about the Emergency Services!  lol

You weren't nervous before? Jeez...after you guys meet me tomorrow i am pretty sure there will be serious second thoughts before you call 997 next time!

Just kidding of course. All of us EMS types possess a very special sense of humor that help us deal with the ridiculous world we live in...it only gets more sharpened after a few months here in Riyahd..

Like i mentioned to musicman in my last PM, all i have to do now is choose which thobe i am going to wear...the white one, or the white one...

Or i might get crazy and really dress up...in my white one!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

See you tomorrow!

come to think of it i was also glancing into my wardrobe about the dress code for the paramedics ball.....

i think i will stay with my Sri lankan casuals.... Its a Thursday mind U...

WTENGEL:all i have to do now is choose which thobe i am going to wear...the white one, or the white one...

Hehehehe this is hilarious :lol:

The case is same with our Abayas too:mad: yeah but we still have some choice.Like,I m gonna wear the fancy one tomorrow :rolleyes:

Anyway now here is something imp;I was wondering,why its 11 am? If i am not mistaken all activities get freeze and mutawas get active at Salah time which would be 11:57 am and then it may take at least 45 min to 1 hour to get back in the shape,though I m still not sure if its open after Asar salah or not.

So considering it,is there any chance of alternate timings or its gonna be same?

Raise a glass of juice for me.  I already RSVPd CAF that it's a long drive for brunch.

I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow as I'm having my sausage and biscuits with gravy breakfast at the Navy base in Bahrain.

Have fun.

musicman wrote:

Nonz, pls bring your Iqama and make sure Mom has her Passport or other visa documentation with her, PLEASE!

heheheh u may not believe me but i must confess,yes i dint remember this time as well,thx for reminding me but this time the case is gonna be different.

I may not bring my mom along since she may feel out of place and I don't want it(its tentative).one look jerk if they don't know what exactly we are talking about and since i been out of touch for a whole month,i would be f3ling same :lol::lol::lol:

Hey, we can play some games too.(I don't know what do we call it exactly but i love to play that table game with strikers,my mom beat me in it all the time ):mad:

If everyone can get in by 11 am then it will be very convenienet to get the food before the prayer call so that we can eat through the prayer and not have to wait till its done. Anyone who comes in after 11:45 will have to wait till 12:30 at least.

The reason to start early is to leave early. Yes, the food court is open after the evening prayer too at 4pm.

I'm glad your going to make it Travis, I was worried since ya didnt answer my calls.

Well, REALLY looking forward to this, and especially meeting CAF.. I'll have to see you husband too, so I can tell on shababy. oops. I mean Shahab, btw, the guy is older than me, so quit calling him that. it makes me look bad. :rolleyes:

I wish I could join and meet you (+ discover KSA) one day guys :)

Have fun !

Hello all,

I would like to join, Can I? Although, it is my working day but will definitely give it try. If no body has an objection!

I am not the part of the plan anymore though I badly wanted to be :(

Three reasons:(In case if anyone wants to know)

1.My Mom sleep after Fajer Salah and and wake up at 4 pm so she cant join and nor she wants to be home alone(since she already ain't fond of Riyadh at all)

2.Mim(hubby) is reluctant to give me pick n drop to Sahara Mall

3.Alliecat is not coming either and I have been missing her a lot,Yes I m missing my gorgeous Friend CAF too and wanna meet her and listen all about her vacations but the above mentioned reasons are strong enough to change my plan. :(

So Pl miss me and tell me each n every details along Pics :)

Hmm, was it because I was wearing the white thobe instead of my white one? If so I will change...no worries!

North, I am sure nobody would have any objections, however it would be best to PM CAF, since she extended the original invite...

North - Please feel free to join us!  We would love to meet you too!  See you at the mall at 11am!

Nonz - Sorry you're not going to make it.  I'm hoping Allie will re-consider, but understand if she doesn't...  We will all miss you both!!!

Cheers!

Hey guys, have a BLAST!

Sorry I won't be coming but you know why (if not, I'm sure Salman will tell you!).

Look what the Praramedics White Thobe done to the people?

WTENGEL:Hmm, was it because I was wearing the white thobe instead of my white one? If so I will change...no worries!

musicman wrote:

Look what the Praramedics White Thobe done to the people?

:lol::lol::lol: No,That's not the case at all :P

CAF:Nonz - Sorry you're not going to make it.  I'm hoping Allie will re-consider, but understand if she doesn't...  We will all miss you both!!!

Yeah,I would have reconsidered for sure,only if I was not so into my deep & sound sleep. :rolleyes:

We really had a nice afternoon with everyone!  Thanks!!!   :)

CAF wrote:

We really had a nice afternoon with everyone!  Thanks!!!   :)

I am happy for u guys and now who will give me the details?