Please help

Hello there! I am a nurse who worked in Libya for a year and I am currently here in the Philippines and applying in Saudi Arabia, but I have a problem regarding with my passport. We were fooled by our agency here in the Philippines. My entry visa in the said coutry is 'nurse' but when we arrived in Libya when we recieved our passort for the residence visa, we were told by our colleague that our residence visa was 'nadafa' or cleaner but I was working as nurse my question is. Is there going to be a problem if i got hired? Please do help.

Dont worry sis, there wont be any problem. some sponsors usually do this, especially in the private sector, so they wont pay that much for the visa. As long as you've worked as a nurse there and they have issued you an employment certificate to attest that, you'll be okay. Good luck.

I worked in MOH of Libya, as long as I have a Certificate of Employment there won't be a problem? I am quite nervous about this.. I hope that it'll be ok.

You've worked for MOH? Strange... Or maybe you were under sub-contractor? Yes, as long as it's in your certificate plus if you have a copy of MOH contract indicating your work as a nurse, that will suffice.

There are loads of inconsistency even in the contract. Our contract as said by our supervisor was. Paranurse or a assistant nurse, then my entry visa is nurse, and my residence visa was cleaner.. I don't know what to do.. Maybe i should request for another passport.

Sis, your employment in Saudi Arabia will depend on your skills and experience, dont worry too much about your previous visa. No need to change your passport. You'll only be needing your employment certificate when you apply, they will not care or ask about what visa you had in Libya. As long as you passed the Prometric Exam required by SCHS, you're eligible to work in KSA.

I would say request your employer to give you a proper job title.

That was a common practice here for employers to bring qualified people in cleaner/driver/laborer visas, but since November last year the government has been seriously cracking down on this phenomenon.  If government inspectors come to your place and check your iqama, you can get in serious trouble.

Thank you. I already passed the Prometric Exam.. Thank you for the help.. I can't sleep proper because of this matter.. Thank you so much

Trapezius wrote:

I would say request your employer to give you a proper job title.

That was a common practice here for employers to bring qualified people in cleaner/driver/laborer visas, but since November last year the government has been seriously cracking down on this phenomenon.  If government inspectors come to your place and check your iqama, you can get in serious trouble.

Trapezius, she's currently in the Phils. and I assumed she resigned or finished her contract in Libya. Her worry is that if the discrepancy in her visa will affect  her application for new job in the KSA.

kwonsarang wrote:

Thank you. I already passed the Prometric Exam.. Thank you for the help.. I can't sleep proper because of this matter.. Thank you so much

You're welcome sis :top:.  just PM me anytime for any concern. BTW, where did you apply now or have accepted a job offer yet?

I am still applying.. I am passing my application in angency approved by POEA.. But I was a bit hesistant to pass because of this. I also wanted to ask the agency regarding this matter, but i do really thank you for helping me solve this.. I do really hope that it won't affect.

Try LBS recuitment solutions or Mega Manpower or ABBA, they have new job postings for KSA. Agencies will only look for employment certificate as proof,  on occasion NOC too if you were issued. Good luck. Wishing you all the best.

My boyfriend told me to apply in those agency.. And I am planning to apply there.. Is YHMD, Princess Joy and Skills good?? What is NOC by the way?

kwonsarang wrote:

My boyfriend told me to apply in those agency.. And I am planning to apply there.. Is YHMD, Princess Joy and Skills good?? What is NOC by the way?

I havent heard of YHMD. But try to sign up at Workabroad.ph, most of the time the agencies are the ones who contact you if they have job postings. You just have to register there and encode all your working experiences and in no time you'll receive tons of invite for interview. (That's where I got my job offer :).)  There's search engine for jobs too.

NOC is No Objection Certificate, it is issued by previous employer, usually in KSA (Im not sure if there's such thing in Libya) , stating that you or them have no financial or legal obligations, more of a clearance thay you're free to work in other company.

No problem, i've already signed up in work abroad,but no.a single agency hadn't contacted.me yet. They didn't give NOC, just COE.. Thanks so much..

kwonsarang wrote:

No problem, i've already signed up in work abroad,but no.a single agency hadn't contacted.me yet. They didn't give NOC, just COE.. Thanks so much..

Just be patient and have more faith in God. InshaAllah you'll get the job soon.  Wishing you all the best!

Shukran! Thanks for the advice.. :D. I'll contact you if i got hired..

Trapezius, she's currently in the Phils. and I assumed she resigned or finished her contract in Libya. Her worry is that if the discrepancy in her visa will affect  her application for new job in the KSA.

Ah sorry, I misread, thanks.  I understood the Libya part, but I thought she had been hired by a hospital in Saudi and they had sent cleaner visa to her.  I see now that she still in the process of applying to jobs here.

I think in SAUDI it will not be problem , but am not sure for Libya

No problem at all.
However, inform the agency that you work previously in Libya.
A male applicant was told by an agency personnel that Saudi Arabia was not accepting workers coming from Libya.
Kindly clarify to the agency if this is applicable also to female applicant.