Cost of living in Bg

Hi all,

Can you tell me what one should reckon as monthly cost for living in Bg ?
By this i mean food, drinks, internet, Bulsatcom, house and road taxes & insurances, water & electricity....
I don't have high standards, i'm Ok with basic food (shopska salata & parjol/kufte are fine) and I don't smoke.

So do you think that with 500eur (1000 lev) one could enjoy a reasonnable life there with now and then a little restaurant in a "mexana"  or it won't suffise ?

ps : in these 500 eur I don't include off course the price for the payment of a loan or rent nor medical care

Of course it all depends on your living standards but I'd say 1000 lv would be more than enough. Remember the average wage here is about 500 lv per month. So I'm sure you'd be fine.

Ron

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/co … ko+Tarnovo

On this web site you can see comparison of cost of living of Brussels and Veliko Tarnovo. (Since the question came from Brussels)

You can compare any cities of the world.

Thanks for all your answers !!

Depends on lots of factors and the region you would live in.  About 1000-1200 leva is enough for me in Varna. Going out for coffees quite often, once a week to a restaurant, internet, mobile, food, transport, utilities. Excluding rent (I own my apartment) but live alone with my 10yr old daughter.

We're coming over to Varna from London on 12th May. First time to Bulgaria but we've budget €800 for both of us per month, including rent, utilities, public transport, food (mainly cooking at home but going out for the odd meal) so hopefully that's enough :)

I think that 500eur will be more than sufficieny in the country... Varna, Bourgas, Sofia are indeed much more expensive...