How long does it take to get a visa authorization slip

Dear all. I am new to expatblog platform. I would like to know how it takes to get the electronic visa authorization slip from Saudi Arabia? I have been waiting for it for about two months now.  What should I do? Please advise.Thank you.

Hi Muse, welcome to EB !

Well I gotta say 2 months is a very very long time. Are you still in contact with this company ? It's either they have visas in which it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks or they don't have visas which is not very good.

What's the reason they are giving you for being late ?

Thanks Mohswellam. I always contact them regularly. At first I got one but it expired and they did not inform me that it
was valid for 3 months. They also got the second visa authorization slip this month but it had an error on it. They are correcting the error but it is taking too long. Please advise.  :) Thanks.

Well, I don't know about the valid for 3 months thing, once I got mine I was here within 2 months.

I can tell you that the paperwork here is one heck of a ride ! They can send back your company rep for a missing stamp and make him wait for another week or so! For example, when I was applying for the Saudi Council of Engineering I sent my Bsc back to the Saudi Embassy in Egypt for stamping and they simply lost it !

But I gotta say, once all these paper works are finished and you arrive to Saudi and get your iqama, it is very very easy and everything is properly organized.

It does take time to finish paperwork here, so don't worry. Just stay in contact with your sponsor and contact them like once a week asking about what they are doing because some companies has the laziest employees ever.

Thank you MohSwellam. Much appreciated. I will do that.