Currently living in Japan and have a 3 years spouse visa

Hi, I'M currently living in Japan from last 8 years and having a 3 years spouse visa.Me and my wife get divorced in last September.My current visa is going to be expired in March 2014.My concern is how i can get extension in my visa. I'm working in a Japanese company.should i have to go back to my country Pakistan or is there any way i can get an extension.


I think you should find a reliable Gyoseishoshi (行政書士)in your area that handles these matters as quickly as possible.  You can easily find them on Internet.  If you email them with your questions, many of them will give you some general answers/advice for free for the initial contact.   There are lot of them who offer very reasonable prices (nothing like lawyers' fees).  I'm not certain about anything but you've been here long enough so you may have a better chance to stay. 
I wish you the best of luck.

Assalamu Alaikum,
Easily you can get an extension no  need to worry,contact the lawyer for free consultation for foreigners.I am an Indian and holding permanent resident of japan,

If you got divorced, then your spousal visa will soon be worthless and not able to renew/extend it. I don't know why khan says the opposite. Maybe he thinks you have a WORK visa.

You need a work visa now. Tell your employer. Apply TODAY. Then, simultaneously apply for Permanent Resident status. If you are lucky enough to get it, you will not have to worry about renewing any visa. But you need something NOW! PR takes several months to be OK'd, so get the work visa ASAP.