More cities ?

Hi,

we would like to add more cities on the website; which KSA cities do you think we should add ?

Thanks,

Julien

Jeddah
Dammam

im new in saudi

im new in saudi

perhaps but I notice you are a FAST mover (you've added just about every female screen name as a contact)!

Julien wrote:

Hi,

we would like to add more cities on the website; which KSA cities do you think we should add ?

Thanks,

Julien

Hi Julien,

Having lived in KSA, I would say to add the following cities:

- Jeddah
- Al Khobar
- Jubail

because those are cities where most of the expats are concentrated (apart from Riyadh which is already present in the forum [and very active BTW!].

Cheers
Arlette

Jubail! Seems like a lot of expats move there (me included... well, in a few months' time) :)

Alliecat wrote:

im new in saudi

perhaps but I notice you are a FAST mover (you've added just about every female screen name as a contact)!

... Unfortunately I think he won't have any friend left in a few weeks ... (believe me, that won't last)

One question, should I create a Dammam section and a Al Khobar section or one is enough ?

I don't know if it is interesting to divide in two sub-divisions as I'm not sure if there are as much expats in Dammam. Most of them are in Khobar I think.

Arlette

Okay, it's been one day since you divided the forum and I'm already complaining lol

The thing is, Julien, we have our friends in the different areas and I want to see what they're saying.  Also, somebody new might be going to the Jeddah forum (where there are only a few members) asking general questions  that we in Riyadh could readily  answer.  And that's what we usually see here--GENERAL questions.  On the occasions where somebody asks a question specific about, say, Jubail, Stretch jumps in and answers.

There is no easy way to navigate between cities without going through the whole process of destination/middle east/ blah blah blah.

Is there a way to have an INCLUSIVE forum where we can see all the city forum discussions together if we want to?

Thanks!

Alliecat wrote:

There is no easy way to navigate between cities without going through the whole process of destination/middle east/ blah blah blah.

I completely agree, I think I'll arrange this soon. The way I programmed the breadcrumbs is not the best one.

If you've got a question about Jeddah, please post in the sub forum. Everything related to Jeddah should go in this sub forum.

One important detail is that you'll see all the discussions in the "global" KSA forum ;)

Hi Alliecat,

There is a way that I use since long time on the forums on which I am interested to follow the discussions:

First go to Forum Saudi Arabia; then scroll down completely to the end of the discussions and you'll see a button "subscribe forum". Click on that button and from then on you'll receive notification of new discussions and replies to discussions in whatever city in Saudi in your email box or in your Outlook or whatever email client you use.

This is very usefull if you want to follow-up several forums! I'm following like this KSA, Dubai, Bahrain, Mauritius!

Have a nice weekend day in KSA!

Arlette

you'll see a button "subscribe forum".

Thanks for the advice, Fee.  Actually, this feature is activated automatically now  (for the last month or two).  You have to click the button if you DON'T want to be notified!!

But the thing is, I want to know about everything!  Not just what I've subscribed to (and how do you end up being subscribed, anyway, if not by reading new threads--which, of course, you're not notified about?). 

I'm really only active in the KSA forum and, seriously, I've picked up a lot of good info from members here, which I try to pass it on when I can.  I read all the topics and answers and learn/learn/learn! :)

I assure you that if you follow the procedure I explained when you are in the main page of KSA forum (without clicking on any city), you will get notification about any new threads but also about any replies to older threads that come in for all of KSA.

I have been doing it since several months now (even since I registered with expat-blog!

Okay, I'll try this!

Thanks again :)

my 2 cents ... there's a difference between subscribing to a discussion and/or a forum (and sub forums) ;)