US Citizen looking for a career in SA

Guys, help me out here.

I'm a US citizen looking to move to South Africa.  I'm an advertising entrepreneur.

The problem is, it appears that breaking into the SA job market is tough do to being a "foreigner".  Unfortunately, I don't have a background in medicine, engineering, IT or science (i'm told there are opportunities in these areas).

How to I land a career there? Do I try to secure something before I come or is it best to be there?

Also, how easy is it to be a small business owner there?  Are there untapped opportunities?

Thanks so much

jimmy5000 wrote:

Guys, help me out here.

I'm a US citizen looking to move to South Africa.  I'm an advertising entrepreneur.

The problem is, it appears that breaking into the SA job market is tough do to being a "foreigner".  Unfortunately, I don't have a background in medicine, engineering, IT or science (i'm told there are opportunities in these areas).

How to I land a career there? Do I try to secure something before I come or is it best to be there?

Also, how easy is it to be a small business owner there?  Are there untapped opportunities?

Thanks so much

Hi!!!

I read your note and I must tell you that if you are a hard worker and have initiative South Africa is a country full of opportunities...life here is relative easy, start a small business is not that complicated. I have just started my own International Real Estate Company and I am very busy..well come South Africa still a great country.

Regards

Erick Raymond Bowen

E mail: [email protected]
        [email protected]
cell:   27 74 117 2885

If you have any further queries do not hesitate in contacting me.

Eric -

Thanks so much for the feedback - very encouraging.

I most likely will reach out to you again.

Thanks again,