Friends in Budapest!

Hello everyone,

I am from New Jersey, America, but now I live in Budapest. I have been here for about 2-3 months now, but somehow I still have not managed to get to know many people or find friends.
Being alone in Budapest is really boring.

So please, if anyone is up for some drinks or anything fun, please let me know.

Hope to see you soon,
Alora

Hi Alora,

we can meet up :)

Hi Alora,

I moved to Budapest from Warsaw, Poland week ago, and I would love to meet some new people.
Please let me know when you have a time to meet for a coffee / drink, I don't know much city yet, so explore it will be fun as well.

Cheers,
Gosia.

Hi all
I also have moved to Budapest about 3 months ago, from Australia. I speak close to fluent Hungarian, so if anyone cares to catchup or needs some help drop me a line. I have also found some great night spots, and places to hear and view some great bands.
looking forward to hearing from you.
PS: I am a male and 55, but hope that doesnt scare anyone off.lol

Hi Alora (and everyone else),

I just moved to Budapest from Canada. I'm really wanting to meet people, too. Not knowing anyone does tend to get boring....
I would love to meet up for a drink/coffee/conversation and experience this city.

Hopefully we can do this soon!

Nicole

Sounds great! When would be a good time for everyone to meet up?

Hi, my name is Luca and I just moved me too but from Italy
No problem about day or time (I'll begin to work on 21st)
I know a little bit the city because I've been here for 3 months some years ago

Hola guys! My name is Kristina and I also recently moved to Buda, and I work here. I am originally from Serbia, but spent last 6 years in Sent Louis, Missouri and I miss being overly social. I have to admit that people are nowhere near social here compared to US. Pls include me,if you will, for a coffee, brunch, a drink, etc... Looking forward to your answers...:)

my name is antonio( anthony in english, antál in hungarian), i amnot living in budapest, but in murcia(southeastern spain), but i love budapest a lot. If you want to reply to me, i will be very happy.i am 49 and single, and i love fun a lot...maybe can i go to budapest and meet you? i think you wont be bored anymore!!!!!!!!! my email is : [email protected] if you want to write there too!!!i am looking for hungarian girls mainly but any other girl can write to me!!! i can speak hungarian ( magyarul beszelék is!!!) nem baj, magyarul értem!!!

Hi Alora,

I'm in the same boat. Just moved here yesterday from kiev to teach English while I finish my TESOL degree. I like cultural events and want to develop a largish social circle like I had in Kiev asap. Hope to hear from you soon. What brings you here? I visited last summer and loved it-still do but you gotta know people...Rick

did u guys finally manage to set up a meeting? :)
i am hungarian but my girlfriend is czech and soon to move here so i pretty much know how it might be with you.
anything you need please let me know, also this week maybe friday we can meet up somewhere in the city?

Hi Alora

Nice to have fallen on your post here. Well i guess i will like to meet up with you lets go out for a drink. so what you think about that? I too have been here for like 2-3 months and its been boring. will be more than happy to hook up with you. have a great day while hoping to read from you.

chao

Kay

Hey Aries 25!

My names Rick and just got here via Kiev. I'd like to meet-up sometime and have a chat about things here; that is, if you're not turned off by the fact that I'm older than you:-)!

Hi guys,

My name is Mark, I moved to Budapest a about 5 months ago and am also looking to meet new people... any chance you are meeting this weekend? (18th - 20th October?)
Would love to go for a kávé (coffee) or a sör (beer) or so :-)

Btw, don't expect me to speak more Hungarian, my girlfriend is teaching me but I'm not so talented in that ;-)

Look forward meeting some new people :-)

Cheers,
Mark

guys i remain available, 0036707034053
see u all hopefully;)
Nico

Hi all again, someone older than me.............wow..hahaha
seriously would be great to catch up on day or night. I speak close to fluent Hungarian and of course born in Australia english, or Australian to some. :)
If anyone is interested in Deak Ference Ter, everyday there is a live band from 4 - 8 pm, and Saturday and Sunday 2 - 8 pm also. Great for a meet up, friendly atmosphere with food and drinks available. how about we all meet there?

Hi Aries and Nico, (and everybody else who wants to meet)

The idea of Aries sounds great! Where do we exactly meet on Deak Ference Ter? It is quite big. And what time?
My phone number is: +36309632850. I propose tomorrow (saturday 19th) at 6pm for a drink. How does that sound? Just let me know where this live band is playing exactly :-)

Please confirm the appointment and see you guys tomorrow!
Cheers
Mark

huh..I wish I saw this post sooner..
Hi people! I am also new in Budapest. I am from Croatia and will be here for a year for sure. So if anybody is for a coffee/beer(like beer)/sightseeing feel free to contact me. And when you are meeting again I am in!

Hi guys!
I also arrived in Budapest 2 months ago and I'll stay for 2 years.
I'd love to meet up with you guys, but I'll be abroad next week. Let's organise something later.

Hi there,

Tomorrow there is a meeting at:

facebook.com/events/239067886244184/?previousaction=join&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming&source=1

I was informed about it from someone else from the Expat.com site. I'm going to join.

Anyway we meet at 19.00.

Cheers,
Mark

Hey Everybody,

I am also looking for meet new people in Budapest. We can Maybe organize something for this week end or beginning of next week. if some people are interested we can created an events on facebook in order to decide about the day and what to do. Are you ok with that?

Let me know

See You soon
Greg

Hi :)

We are planning to meet next Wed, last time it was 10-15 of us, it was really cool (right guys? :D)

Our friend Agi is looking for someting interesting to do in a city. One of the option is logic game "Sweet Escape" http://www. szabaduloszoba.hu/english
or ParaPark
http://www. parapark.hu/index.php?page=reservation&city=Budapest

all of this activities are for max 5-6 people, so if there are more of us, we will have to divide into groups.

I'm not in Budapest for the weekend, will be back on Sunday, but let me know who wants to go for sure, and then I contact Agi and we will organize some game (let's hope it will be still avaiable next week).

So see you next Wed ! 

P.S. Greg - feel free to create an event on facebook!

thats sounds great! i dont have facebook but i posted my phone number before, im in ;)

Sounds great, I'm in! (as long as it is in the evening not before 7). Hope that works?

Btw weren't you suppose to create a facebook group Gosia? :-P To make up for the amazing silent movie of last week? :-D haha

anyway have a nice weekend and see you guys next week!

I will join! :)

Hi all,
for me and Agi maybe it'll be a little bit problematic to join you on Wednesday. For both of us the first week of November would be better. Anyway I'll keep you updated.
Buon fine settimana 
Luca

Hi guys,

I confirmed with Agi, that she cannot join this week, so we can postpone "sweet excape" game for next week.
Anyway, this Wed we can meet as well if anyone wants - any interesting place / event you know about? (Mark, sorry to disappoint you, but they don't show any silent movie this week :/ )

Let me know!

Hi everyone!!

My name is Xabi and I am from Mexico/spain. I would love to join for the enxt event. My brother has also moved to Budapest recently so he could join in as well.

If anyone is interested, there is this party on Wed:
http:/www.internationalmeetingpoint.org/
(intenational meeting point Budapest)

I will be at the party

Hé Guys,

Any plans for meeting this weekend perhaps?

Add me! :):):)

Hi,

Anyone wants to meet this week - let's say thursday evening?

Let me know :)

Hi there guys,

Thursday meetup.com is organizing a meeting: meetup.com/forBudapest/events/147433652/?gj=wc2d.1_e&a=wc2d.1_gnl&rv=wc2d.1_e&_af_eid=147433652&_af=event

I'm most probably participating from 8.30. Anyone wanna join?

Cheers,
Mark

Hey where are you guys meeting and if someone wants to meet i am up for it.

Heey everyone!
I just moved here 3 days ago and I sooo want to meet new people! So keep updated, what is going on in Budapest and I will join ;)

Hi Alora!

I love the Garden State, the Devils is my favourite team :P
And of course the the Sopranos :D

Of course Hi to others!
Do you guys know a place where many Americans used to go in Budapest?

Cheers,
Accsi

I haven't found many Americans here. Only a few here and there traveling. But i'd love to meet more. It's like having a little piece of home with me. We should organize a meet up this weekend for everyone to meet :) everyone is invited. Does anyone know of a good pub or club to meet at Saturday night?

Hi Alora, I moved here from New York last month for work and am also looking for new people to hang out with here in Budapest!

Would love to meet up for a drink this weekend.

Let me know!

the international meeting point is a good place to start in budapest. Also Szimpla ( the one on kazincy utca) is always full of english speaking people from both America and everywhere else. Most people are quite friendly.

also check the aiesec groups on facebook, they have regular meet ups and a full of expats.