Just moved to Budapest and waiting to meet new people :)

Hey guys,

I just moved to budapest yesterday and dont know people here
would like to meet people here and make friends
lets go for a drink or whatever im just bored alone and have a lot of energy
i will start work 2 july so i still have a week free
contact me guys and lets meet :)

Hello khaled_84.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

thanks, its my first time :)

hey, i just got to budapest too -- i'll send you a message. maybe we can meet up after work, or you can introduce me to all the friends you've made since you posted this last week :)

sarah

Hey guys!

I'm quite new to Budapest as well, just moved here about two months ago but would love to meet and share with you my insights on the funny life here!

Diana

Hey Guys,

I have been here for 1 year now but it is always good to meet new folks!

This weekend will be quite hard but I think the best would for one of you to post a new topic with a date/time/place for an event..Like on a Thursday or Friday it is always nice..And this way you can let other people know (there are so many small posts like this with people looking to make new friends)on the forum. I did this last year 2 times, there was always lots of people showing up!

Best of luck,

Mathieu

Hello all,

I will be organizing a meeting by the end of this month possibly by sunday 29 july. I will plan a location and will PM you all. I have arranged about 4 friends meetings in Budapest until i was there.   i will invite my other friends and may be we can introduce to each other.

One place that gets mentioned here every now and the is "Treehugger Dan's Lounge" . I had an hour to waste in Budapest, so I went to see it.
It's a really nice little second hand book store, with a couch to just hang out and chat. Right behind the Opera house, hard to miss.

Highly recommended. Perfect place to meet up!

Hey all, I am a "Budapester", I`d like to practice my English and I like to make friendships with people from different countries. :P Beside this I have a permanent, desperate need to help others :D, so if you think a local friend could be useful for you in any way, just let me know! I would be happy to go and have a drink with you. :)

Ok people looking forward to your event at the end of the month then!

I am in too... I've been here for 2 weeks also and will be living in Budapest for 2 years so I am looking forward for making lots of new friends !! I'll be waiting for the event.

I am in, too! :) have been here for a while, but in the summer the town is really empty and all friends are gone.

So as I see now we need just need arranger :)

Not to distract from gosubmit's offer to arrange something later this month, but if anyone is interested in getting together tomorrow around 8 pm, let me know via PM! A few of us had planned to meet at Aquarium...

Sarah

Thanks, sarah. Nice to see that you are taking the initiative. I will be reaching budapest by this weekend and will surely organize something by next week saturday and sunday (28/29).

I usually allow plenty of time to announce to people, because it is very difficult to get people come together for a meeting, given a short interval. Some are busy on weekends or have other plans or cant come after work. Its tricky!

I will make a proper plan and PM you all about the meeting.

I'm not in town this weekend, but net weekend is just perfect! :)

Likewise for me, next weekend would be perfect.

I trust that "gosubmit" will arrange something nice for us..;)

Looking forward to the event!

Cheers

Mathieu

gosubmit wrote:

saturday and sunday (28/29)

If you are in Budapest that weekend, you may miss some great north Balaton Jazz concerts.

http://hegymagas.hu/index.php/JAZZmagashttp://www.szigliget.hu/main/index.php? … -koncertje

I am getting there by mid August. Will you want to hang out after that?

so any news for this weekend? is a day set? just to be able to prepare. ;)

serenity28 wrote:

so any news for this weekend? is a day set? just to be able to prepare. ;)

Finally to Budapest after a long trip. I am currently planning something on the saturday. I will post a thread soon. I will also PM to each and everyone.

Is saturday evening good time for all?

Like i promised before to everybody here, i am back to budapest after a long travel and again organizing friends meeting.

We are organizing the friends meeting on saturday by 6 pm - 28 july at hard rock cafe near deak ferenc (vorosmarty square near new yorkers).

Because prior table reservations are needed, please PM me your name and i will book appointments for you.

PM for more information.

P.S: started a new thread

hello everyone,

I am new to this group, and will be arriving in Budapest on the 31st july. Would love to meet up and make new friends.

hey guys
i dont know why i didnt receive emails that some replying to my post but its nice that some people did :D
so what about arranging meeting soon?? who is in?

malikadurrani wrote:

hello everyone,

I am new to this group, and will be arriving in Budapest on the 31st july. Would love to meet up and make new friends.

Hi, I was new here 8 years ago too. So if you need anything, send me PM

montvai wrote:

Hey all, I am a "Budapester", I`d like to practice my English and I like to make friendships with people from different countries. :P Beside this I have a permanent, desperate need to help others :D, so if you think a local friend could be useful for you in any way, just let me know! I would be happy to go and have a drink with you. :)

Totally agreed. If anyone needs some tips to "survive" the first period in Budapest, send me PM.

@Evelin Alexa- why don't you start a new thread and suggest us some tips to "survive" the first period in Budapest forum. This would be great and will definitely help members. :)
---------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys,

You could organise an Expat.com meet up in Budapest. ;)

Christine wrote:

@Evelin Alexa- why don't you start a new thread and suggest us some tips to "survive" the first period in Budapest forum. This would be great and will definitely help members. :)

Great idea, Christine, let me think about it.

If you are a foreigner who just arrived in Budapest, and you would like to meet some other foreigners or locals
If you are Hungarian, and you would like to exercise your English, French, or any other languages in a cheerful atmosphere

Look for International Meeting Point Budapest group in Facebook

We will organize 3 events a month, at affordable but pretty cool bars (like the Treffort Kert when the weather is good). So come here to have a Soproni or a Palinka, you are all welcome at International Meeting Point Budapest!

This is an informal group, there is no fees whatsoever, just a bunch of friends

facebook.com/groups/222560347870189/

zurco > Why aren't you organizing your events through Expat.com? I guess it would be appreciated ?

zurco wrote:

So come here to have a Soproni or a Palinka

Or one of Hungary's fine wines.

Julien wrote:

zurco > Why aren't you organizing your events through Expat.com? I guess it would be appreciated ?

Well... didn't know it was possible :)

I'll check it out

here to meet new people and party

so guys, when and where??
who wanna go out for a drink maybe tonight?

Hi Khaled

Have you found friends?
You can mingle with us if you are still bored :) I have a lot of international friends in Budapest.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum pls]

Cheers
Viki

Hey Viki
i found friends but why not to meet new people :)
so maybe tonight or when??

Hi Khaled

Thanks for your fast reply.
I m more available next week.. add me on facebook: Viki Nemeth and send me a message on your availability next week. We are also planning a Halloween party at the end of the month so latest we can link up there ;)
Glad you found some friends already. Which company do u work for?

Hey can other expats come meet up as well? :D

many people with ur name on facebook :D
maybe easier if u add me: khaled El Gayar
cheers :)

Hey guys i just moved here from Miami and looking if theres anything cool to do here with cool people. Please get back to me if your down. I have been here for three days so far.