Interested in meeting new people

Hi guys and girls,

I am relocating to budapest next week for work commitments and would be really interested in meeting new people when i arrive.
Im coming from Ireland and speak only english really.
I believe the social scene is great there so would really like to explore it.

See you soon

Good choice, Budapest is great place for expats, if you want to go for a drink I am open :))

Szia,
Magda

hey
havent seen your post before, but iŽm also interested in doing something!:)
greets

I would like live again an Irish in a Irish pub!! I lived this long time ago it was amazing!! We must find an Irish pub in Budapest

If there's Irish music and dancing involved, count me in!

Maybe we could all meet togeter and go to an irish bar and den on to a club maybe in the next 2 weeks i will arrive on wednesday but will start work straight away

:):)

I work every day so I'm ok for Irish club  but not for the club

Even I would be happy to meet foreigners in Budapest or also in Hungary :) I am a hungarian and has no chanche to go abroad right now bcz of studies... but i wanna meet foreigners then here :) !!!

Hi I am Carlo,
Living In Budapest.
[email protected]
from September 19.
We can meet for a coffee.

There are couple of irish pubs in Budapest, i think.

Becketts Irish Bar & Restaurant
www.becketts.hu
Budapest
Bajcsy-Zsilinszky Way 72
06 1 311-1035

Jack Doyle's Irish Pub & Restaurant
www.jackdoyles.hu
Budapest
Pilvax köz 1-3
06 70 389-8623

P.S: I have tasted irish beer first time, Guiness and it was nice. I would love to have a Irish drink with a couple of friends.

Why not we plan to meet at irish pub?

Démonbuda wrote:

I would like live again an Irish in a Irish pub!! I lived this long time ago it was amazing!! We must find an Irish pub in Budapest

I would be keen to come along!  I work also, so the pub sounds great, but club maybe isn't such a good idea when having to face a class full of kids the next day!  I'll keep my eye out for further plans...!

Maybe i will come to study in september in Budapest, well I really hope and a like nightlife and the city itself :) Irish pubs, who doesn't like it:) Guiness the best

The manager at Beckett's is an Irish guy, and you find more foreigners there than Hungarians! Always a good choice if you want to have a drink and a chat! :)www.becketts.hu

Ildy wrote:

The manager at Beckett's is an Irish guy, and you find more foreigners there than Hungarians! Always a good choice if you want to have a drink and a chat! :)www.becketts.hu

Great then. Shall we meet on Becketts on Friday by 7 PM? How many are coming?

Hi everyone,

Welcome to Budapest!

Sorry to join this thread late! I have been in Budapest for more than 8 years and would be happy to meet and help any newcomers.

[Moderated: No free advertisement on the forum please]

I would say that the Caledonia is a much better place to meet expats than Beckett's, as Beckett's tends to have much more expensive prices for drinks and food.

Feel free to send me a message if you would like any help or other recommendations. I would also be delighted to join you for a beer or a coffee.

Have fun. It's a great city to live in.

Howard

Will be glad to join! Still didn't get the chance to meet cool expats from this website! :) Let me inform!

Unfortunately my post has been edited by a moderator, as it seems that the forum has rules which prevent people from answering questions about events for expats by telling them about events for expats! If you would like details, please feel free to message me.

Hello all. :)

To note that free advertisement and self-promotion is not allowed on the forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

HowardCohen wrote:

I would say that the Caledonia is a much better place to meet expats than Beckett's, as Beckett's tends to have much more expensive prices for drinks and food.

turns out, the Caledonia is a Scottish pub and is cheaper than the Irish pub - figures:-)

I don't know these places, but by their location and website I estimate that they are both pretty touristy places, a bit pricey for most Hungarians (plus the local taste for places to go out is a bit different, imho).

Sorry, I don't know if I can join, but 7 PM is definitely too early for me for going out, so I may turn up 8-9ish.

Btw. does anybody plan to be there at 7:00 or will Prabhu have to wait alone?

EDIT: I visited Caledonia and Beckett's today. I liked Beckett's, its a  mid-sized place with simple-kept interior but 3 huge swords on the walls -look pretty real, ah, Scottish blood...;-) (for non-Europeans: google Braveheart)
Beckett's is indeed,a bit fancier, and bigger - You better to know which part to look for our group, if the place is full -
but: they were both empty this afternoon, and the girl in Beckett's said it wont be full tonight

Aurélie wrote:

Hello all. :)

To note that free advertisement and self-promotion is not allowed on the forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I do understand that but I don't understand why you define it as advertising for someone to answer a question about events for expats to meet at by telling them about events for expats to meet at, but then you don't define it as advertising for someone to advertise a bar. Please clarify this so that I can help people and answer their questions without breaking your rules. Thanks.

Hello HowardCohen.

Kindly Contact us and explain the situation! :)

PS: Sorry for the off topic.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi guys,

Friday doesnt really suit i will be working in jack doyles for my time here so feel free to pass by anytime,

Maybe we should arrange a night out soon doh with everybody

Regards
Steven

fireroller wrote:

Sorry, I don't know if I can join, but 7 PM is definitely too early for me for going out, so I may turn up 8-9ish.

Btw. does anybody plan to be there at 7:00 or will Prabhu have to wait alone?

EDIT: I visited Caledonia and Beckett's today. I liked Beckett's, its a  mid-sized place with simple-kept interior but 3 huge swords on the walls -look pretty real, ah, Scottish blood...;-) (for non-Europeans: google Braveheart)
Beckett's is indeed,a bit fancier, and bigger - You better to know which part to look for our group, if the place is full -
but: they were both empty this afternoon, and the girl in Beckett's said it wont be full tonight

I think I am going to join you all in Beckett's (this is the meeting point, right?) then, but surely not exactly at 7:00
(perhaps taking a Hungarian friend with me, too)
CU

EDIT:
actually, we were 5 people, so it was a really nice meeting

here to meet new people and party