Looking for Riders in the Budapest Area

Hi,

im living in Budapest since 1.5 years now and looking for some crew to cruise around. Got my license here last year now bought a bike. Driving a 98' Kawa ZX6R.

Cheers,

André

Riding motorbikes, not horses as I immediately though from the subject :-)

Well, have fun, try to keep safe!

I can ride horses, too : )

Hi Andre,

I will move to Budapest on the 17th of August. Unfortunately, I will leave my triumph daytona 675 in the garage in the Netherlands :(

do you know a good website or place to buy pre-owned bikes in hungary?

Greetz, Guus

Hi Guus,

the biggest site for pre-owned car/bikes is this one :

hasznaltauto.hu/kereso/motor

or

kepesmotor.hu/motor/

There is a Triumph dealership in VII. district sometimes they also have pre-owned bikes for sale :

triumphbudapest.hu/hasznaltmotorok/

but i can say these two Daytonas on their site sit there already quite a while...

There are some other places for used bikes but im not so sure its too much of a good deal there. I would buy rather buy from a private seller.

Cheers,

André

TornadoHH wrote:

Hi Guus,

the biggest site for pre-owned car/bikes is this one :

hasznaltauto.hu/kereso/motor

or

kepesmotor.hu/motor/

There is a Triumph dealership in VII. district sometimes they also have pre-owned bikes for sale :

triumphbudapest.hu/hasznaltmotorok/

but i can say these two Daytonas on their site sit there already quite a while...

There are some other places for used bikes but im not so sure its too much of a good deal there. I would buy rather buy from a private seller.

Cheers,

André

wow, thats un expected. almost everything is less expensive in Budapest compared to the Netherlands.

But pre-owned bikes are on average twice as expensive!!

But I will have a look if I can find the right bargain... If so, i will let you know, and we will have a ride for sure!

dunno if its too offtopic if you post some links to pre-owned bikes from the netherlands here. can you post some site ? maybe we can continue via private mail?

if its just half of the price on average im interested in importing one :D

i checked just with german used bike market and the prices there are very high in my opinion. if i consider i still have to pay this registration tax plus shipping it wasnt worth the hassle for an older bike like from 1998.

but for my next bike i might wanna get something newer then...

why dont you import your bike to Hungary ? maybe you can make something like an euro trip on bike from it. creating a 5 days route or so and going to some cool places ... : )

Hey folkes just Moved to Hungary to Marcali yes i know away from Budapest but we both have bikes and love to ride them will be looking to meet other bikers for rides ect rallies and parties drop us a message if you fancy meeting up ..we have a Kawasaki zzr1100 and a suzuki gsx 1100

Hi Lesley & Yan,
I'm also a biker, although I don't have anything on the road at present. I'm also not that far from you, a bit south of Nagykanisza. What year is the GSX?

Hi there
my gsx is 29 yrs old a 1983
no your not too far at all
Its typically english weather now for riding ...

what kind of bike are you looking for and would there be any on here interested in us all getting together for some of the rallies next year ??

I still have my 1948 BSA A7 twin but it does not have an MoT. I don't know how easy it would be to get it registered on Hungarian plates but I could do with something slightly more modern. I'm not keen on the race rep. type bikes so would probably look for something of the same era as your GSX. I did have a 1995 Triumph Trident 900 a few years ago and would like one of the Hinckley twins but they are probably thin on the ground in this area!

All nice bikes but dont know how they would fair on some of these roads lol
when was your bsa last mot'd?

we will have to get together and talk bikes then once the weather changes get out again on the road

is there a way to send you our number on here if not you can mail me on [email protected] would be great to meet you

There are special rules for "Old Timer" vehicles, the Hungarian term is "Veteran".

vintage is the english term

just felt like bumping this... in summer i rode some tours organized by Kawasaki Hungary and it was awesome. They also organize each year an event at Hungaroring where you can party and ride on the track for free !!

Cant wait for spring :/ When the temperature rises to like 8-10 degrees i taker her out for a short trip but yeah its not the real deal yet.

hI can you send me the details of this ride please...

unfortunately they published the dates really just on last minute so i cant say when it will be this year. I think the event at the Hungaroring is always end of august (2012 it was august 24th). The party is free for all bikers (beachbar with free non alholic drinks, moto gymkhana, nice girls and nice bikes... free gulash etc) track usage is just free if you own a Kawasaki. You just register on Kawasaki.hu and go there.

One tour was to lake balaton. Obviously recommended you own a Kawasaki but also some other bikers sneaked in :p We met at a gas station near Budapest highway to Balaton. Then we took of just using country roads and stopped at a castle and got free catering . then continued to Balatonkenese where a Biker festival was held. Bikes, Babes, Beer and Balaton :D Not a bad combo

sportmotor.hu/motoros_hirek/motoros_tura/kawa-kanyar-2.html

There were 2 similar tours to Mátra (mountains) and some other Danube area.

We are over near the Lake at Marcali, and lucky for us one of us owns a Kawasaki too... I have an old suzuki so will have to do a bike share that day lol.... babes is really not my thing but anything to do with bikes where we can meet others in our area and maybe get to go out with others a bit more and make biker friends would be cool thank you for your help hope we can meet up on this even would be good but if you fancy a ride out where we can meet half way let me know we are always out on the bikes
Yan has a zzr1100 and i have a gsx 1100
regards and thanks
Lesley

Hi, I'm looking for ride buddies, I'll be in BP mid July to mid August so would be interested in going on bike rides, maybe you expats have something already set up, would love to join the group if possible for a few rides. Motorbikes that is.

Cheers

Lex

Hi Lex > just to inform you that this is an inactive thread since 2013!

Thanks Christine.
I didn't waste my time on that post then, lol.