Is my Wife allowed to Work in Riyadh?

Dear All,

my wife is a senior Graphic designor / Art Director, we will be relocating to Riyadh soon, i would like to know whether she would be allowed to work in her field or not. if yes, will she be working mixed advertising companies or women only companies, or she is only allowed to work as a free lancer?

thank you

Hi there

what i know is of course there is,but what i see most is in jeddah. and it depends on the company some are mix and some not. if i know more about it i will help you. good luck

lallous wrote:

Dear All,

my wife is a senior Graphic designor / Art Director, we will be relocating to Riyadh soon, i would like to know whether she would be allowed to work in her field or not. if yes, will she be working mixed advertising companies or women only companies, or she is only allowed to work as a free lancer?

thank you

Your wife is able to work if she can find a suitable vacancy then if the employer can sort out a working visa for her.

Unfortunately opportunities for ladies are limited. The overwhelming of companies are male dominated.

Freelance is going to be difficult as well, as the rules for "self employed" involve obtaining a licence which for non-saudis is near impossible.

I remember, back in the 80s/90s most banks used to hire dependent females for special assignments and short term projects, some even enjoying the comfort of working from home. My wife once undertook the complete documentation for a newly implemented system using Wordstar (that was the only wordprocesser then) and made some extra cash at SR 5 per A4 sized page of Times New Roman Size 12 fonts.

I think it depends on the establishment your wife intends to work in.

Hi Lallous,

Pls give me ur email ID to cc you in my email to one of my net-friend.  Maybe, she can provide more details on the subject.

Regards,

lallous wrote:

Dear All,

thank you

Dear Lallous,

Ad Agency are probably the only place here where there are abundant of female employees; so it would be easy for your spouse to find a job in Riyadh.

If she doesn't want to work full-time there is always the option for freelance jobs

She would required attested educational documents and then getting a job wouldn't be so tough for her

People share their experiences based on their own knowledge, understanding, and time spent in the Kingdom. Not everyone may share the same conditions, interesting moments, and nightmares. What we get on the forum is a wide variety of real life events and incidents that people have been through. The final choice to make a decision is entirely in the hands of the beholder. Just for the record, Ive been living in KSA for 31 years as an expat if that counts.

Agree with MusicMan - """""not every1 may share the same conditions, interesting moments and nightmares"""""

They should have a "like" button here on the forum as they have in facebook. Musicman's post: "Preoria likes this". :):)

But I'm interested in the subject as well: I've been having SUCH a great time here that I'm not looking forward to going home in a month at all!

I just wish I could find a some king of a job from here so that I could stay for a little longer. :D

That is probably impossible being that I haven't graduated yet from the university, but if anyone knows any place where a female, soon-to-be master of social sciences could work at, please, pm me, would you? I've studied political science, North American Studies, administrative science, marketing and journalism.

Would do pretty much anything to stay at this point. Funny how things go... :):)

Preoria wrote:

They should have a "like" button here on the forum as they have in facebook. Musicman's post: "Preoria likes this". :):)

But I'm interested in the subject as well: I've been having SUCH a great time here that I'm not looking forward to going home in a month at all!

I just wish I could find a some king of a job from here so that I could stay for a little longer. :D

That is probably impossible being that I haven't graduated yet from the university, but if anyone knows any place where a female, soon-to-be master of social sciences could work at, please, pm me, would you? I've studied political science, North American Studies, administrative science, marketing and journalism.

Would do pretty much anything to stay at this point. Funny how things go... :):)

Now thats a post one wouldn't read much on KSA Expat Forum. It's such a delight to hear someone saying something like that for a change! Cheers :top:

:D:D

Thanks, MadMaz, always liked to be different! :cool:

Sooo... sorry to bother with a personal matter again but no ideas of potential work for an expat lady wanting to stay in the Kingdom (Riyadh)? :) Would do pretty much anything that pays the rent.

I'm dead serious about this too, as you can see! :up:

I think there are a lot of opportunities here.

my suggestion would be to check a website bayt.com

or if anything comes up in my knowledge, will keep you posted

Thank you so much slyshooter! I will check that up right now!