Moving to Sao paulo

Hi All,

I am moving to sao paulo next month for my new job.

I dont know anyone out there and want to make new friends out there.

Would love if will find some good company out there.

Can get in touch with me on my facebook and personal email id [email protected]

Thanks.

Hi All,

Can anyone help me in understanding the procedure to get a driving licence in sao paulo.
Is it necessary to have my country driving licence before applying in sao paulo.
Also how much time it takes to get the same.

Will be really helpful if anyone can help.

Waiting for the response.

Thanks and regards,
Saurabh Karnawat

Hello saurabh87k,

If you already have a driver's licence and obtain an International Driver's Permit (IDP) then you can drive in Brazil for up to 180 days. Everyone who is in Brazil for more than 180 days is required to obtain a Brazilian licence (CNH - Carteira Nacional de Habilitação). This involves taking classes at a driving school, taking a medical exam and passing both written and road tests.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward – Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Obrigado.

It is really very helpful information.

Hello Woodward, I had some new experience/information in this regards
In Brazil you just need your countries driving license and it is valid for 180 days and if you wish to make the License in Brazil then it needs to be translated, National driving licence accompanied by an official translation (done by a sworn public translator or by an Embassy of Brazil) will be needed to apply for license. You will also need to go through Medical for Eye and psychiatric evaluation. No written or vocal exams needed.
I am planning to get the license in next couple of week but this information is provided to me by my colleagues who got it done last week.
But I agree and also recommend to go through guidance for the traffic rule or some sort of orientation for rules, signboards and general timing rules of Rodizio and parking guidelines.

Finally I got my Drivers License.
I have only one suggestion to whoever wants to get a license. Go to the nearest Driving school and you will get your license if you know driving. It is really helpful to learn from them. Inspite of me being driving since 6 months in Sao Paulo I find it useful.