Is there any ladies groups or clubs

Can any one tell me if there is any ladies groups or clubs in amman ,.

I am from England and apart from my husband ,  don't know any one here ,
And after 2 months here , I am starting to climb the walls with boredom .

Has any one any suggestions , any help would be great :-)

Hi there and welcome to Jordan!

I'm from England too and have been here for 3 years now and know how isolated you can feel at first! The group that was a big help for me was 'British Ladies of Amman'. It's basically a well respected group of women either British or with British interests who meet on a regular basis and organise charitable events, meetings and have guest speakers etc. It's a good starting point to meet others in similar situations.

A couple of meetings will decide if it's your thing or not ( for me it wasn't but i did make a wonderful friend from attending just a couple of meetings). I'm afraid I don't have their contact right now but a quick google search will bring up their details!

Do you have children? I know the British embassy have a 'Brit club' for expats which has a bar and various functions and generally just a place to hang out.

That's the best I can give you at the moment but hope you soon settle in and please feel free to get in touch with me if you need any help / advice / company!

Best wishes
L x

Thank you so much , that's cheered me up .
I have one son but he's grown up , always easier to find friends when you're children are young
I will have a look for their next meeting and give it ago .
Thank you again

Tx

Ahlan wa sahlan in Jordan and welcome on board to this site for Kentish Lady and for Lulu.

Several times Kate and I tried to organize something, like a high tea (home made or go to a place where they serve high tea) or something else.

If you want to join us you are more then welcome and if you have some lovely ideas, you are free to share with us.

Thank you primadonna , that all sounds great . Will p.m you

Hi Kentish Lady, I too am from the UK and have been here in Amman for approx 2 1/2 years. I feel exactly the way you do. I thought at first it would pass, but it hasn't. I don't drive and can't speak Arabic. Living with my husbands family doesn't help as they hardly speak to me unless it's to their advantage. So I am alone for up to 17 hours a day while he is at work. We don't get to go out much as he is usually too tired. So i'm climbing the walls and am seriously thinking of going back home soon if things don't improve.

Hello there,

I guess that made me feel sad, being in Jordan and not able to enjoy it. Well i'll try to cheer u up with this.
There is a new-open cafe just for women in Amman. The manager is an American lady who is v. v. nice and sweet. It's called "Hakema Cafe" ..

If u visit, u'll get to know local and American women working there and would help u fit in :)

https://www. facebook.com/pages/Hakema-Cafe-for-Women/105964872863767 that's their Facebook page ..
phone 06/463 0701
email [email protected]

Enjoy it ,,:):):D:cool:

It's very hard , please feel free to PM me

Thank you very much , I will look into it

it depends what you are looking for. lets meet

hi