Village Library

Hello All,

I am going to try and bring back some of the local village libraries in my village and in a few others around the general area.

First I need books. (Books in Bulgarian & some in English)

I live between Veliko Turnovo and Dryanovo.

I already have some contacts for supplies of books but I am always looking for more books.

What I am looking for is... Fiction, classics and modern fiction. Cooking, Gardening, DIY.

Also dictionary from Bulgarian to English & learning English / Bulgarian.

Anybody interested in helping out and bring back their own village library? give me a call.

Regards

I'm a Scot just retired and bought a house in Daragijevo. I could be interested in the library proposal

My phone is +359887702097

I understand the village of Dragijevo has a lot of ex pats in the village. I will be moving there in the next two weeks. My partner is a native Bulgarian and I'm sure she'd be happy to help

Ron

my e mail is

[email protected]

Yes.. Well the idea is based on self-help rather than official government support. After all the government has done next to nothing to support the rural villages.

But if official support came along then all well and good.

(I once asked how long it would take to order a book.  2 months approx. Put the order in get it paid for, send it to Sofia!!! Then send it to the library...)
I went into town bought a book and gave it to the library. Took 2 Hours & 20 Lev. Hey presto!!!

Thanks Ron,

Yes a bigger village and with a better chance of getting books available to the locals as well as the ex-pats.

I'll send you and email...

Thanks for your offer.

Regards Bill

Was at some 'Car Boot' sales and have managed to get some books already.

Second-hand but in very good condition.:)

Regards All

Apparently the camp site at Dragijivo has a car boot sale I think on the last Sunday of the month
Ron