Importing ready made dresses to Malaysia

Hi

Can anyone give any advice regarding importing ladies designer cloths to Malaysia ?
Tax , and the process to get permission?

Hi you need to get in touch with a company secretary or a freight forwarding company.Either way you need to register your company so your company secretary should be able to advise you.

Hi,

I do some adhoc freight forwarding... Before that I need to know the following :

-What are the volume your looking at ?
-Are they for personal use / trading ?

Advise me and we will be able to pursue further.

Regards,

Yog
(parammad(at)gmail.com

Hi

I am still exploring the idea ... If everything place in to right order ... It will be for  trading and  200-300 items for first try. These items are expensive moderate design tartgetibg the Muslim ladies. One item minimum will be around £40. I am not sure whether there will be a market...

Just test the market first.run an ad on info zone it's a free mag targeted at expat. Or sell at mont kiara flea market or publication flea market or bangsar shopping complex r great eastern mall. Call them all and see who suits your target audience best. The price you mention is reasonable.go on and try it..get quotation on prices from 3 freight forwarders.they usually clear customs for you too.

Thanks for the ideas. Very much appreciated. I think the advertisement on the mall will be a good try... May be I need to distribute some flyers in the mall and see the feed back. It's only in January I will be in Malaysia.
So I guess it's time for me to design a good flyer ...

If you print flyers  which means people have to ring you.then if you don't answer immediately they will lose interest.i didn't say advertise in a mall. Publication was an autocorrect on my iPad.i meant to say publica. which is a mall too. These malls have flea markets.its effective if you take a booth and sell there.people need to see and touch before purchasing.theres all kinds of clothing here no shortage.so you have to become competitive and easily available.

Perhaps you could start the other end of your sales process by identifying a channel to distribute your clothing in Malaysia?

There are lots of online merchants who look for exclusive items to sell, so that might be a starting place to do some research.

My thought is it is a bit like "coals to Newcastle" as this country is flooded with Islamic fashion that is produced locally as well as specially tailored for special occasions.

Wish you luck and success in your venture.

This website may help you get started:

salaamexpat.com/malaysia/