EP Cancellation mdec

My employer has got appointment on 17th Sep 2021 to submit my passport to mdec for cancellation of EP. Can anyone who has cancelled/shortened their EP during this pandemic, tell me how long does it take with mdec for physical cancellation?

Physical cancellation took 3 working days and EP stage 1 approval took 15 working days for me.!

Thanks @Ken1213. I hope mine will also take only 3 working days. The 15 days for stage 1 - does it include the appointment booking also or it is after the appointment slot booking?

Resubmitting Stage 1 does not require an appointment.! Stage 1 is an online process which can be started immediately after getting the scan copy of the physical cancellation pages.

You new company HR has to upload the scan copy of the physical cancellation pages to the MDEC portal and resubmit the application.

Normally the SLA is 7 working days. But now it is taking 15 working days on an average.

After your STAGE 1 is approved then your HR should book an appointment slot for passport submission to do Stage 2 endorsement

Thank you very much for the explanation. It was clear and really helpful.

My employer is having a hard time booking for an appointment for EP cancellation. Available slots are easily taken. Can help to advise?

Appointment is for mdec or esd?

mdec expat appointment for EP cancellation

Yes, it was tedious and frustrating. Fortunately I was able to book appointment for myself. This is what I did
1) Before Booking - Enter your company name, contact name and number in the appointment Web page once. It will get stored in your browser.
2) During Booking - The booking opens at 12 Am daily. At the stroke of 12 open the appointment Web page. Select the pre loaded information. Pick a time slot and click on Book Appointment. All these steps should be done within seconds.
If you are fortunate enough you will get an appointment.
Alternate way is to email or call the myexpats centre and ask for appointment by telling your scenario.

Thanks for your advice. How many attempts after you finally got the slot?

I got in the second attempt itself. But after that I tried for my friends for 3 days, but couldn't get.

Is there possibility to give 2months visa validity while cancellation if we can work for 2more months with current employer..kindly advise