Student pass to EPIII without cancellation

Hi,

I have just finished my bachelors' program from a university in Malaysia and got a job offer from a local software firm.

I recently got to know from online forums that it is required to cancel the existing student pass before applying for EP.

However, I have already left Malaysia as instructed by the company. They did not tell me to cancel my student pass. They are saying that they were unaware of this rule and as a result, will apply for the EP after my student pass gets expired (It happens within end of this month).

Now, my question is, will applying for EP without the cancellation of the student pass cause any issue? Has anyone faced similar scenario like this?

Any information will be much appreciated.

yes,  immigration has to cancel ur student pass and company who employed you need to apply working permit and visa .

Yes, you need to cancel your Student Pass before leaving. Same like in a database, if you do not  cancel, the information will stay indefinitely in the System. New information cannot be entered and hence delays the Employment Pass application

U cannot have 2 visa in one time.. apply first EP, once ESD return application for cancel student then u ask college to process cancelation student pass. Do not cancel your student visa before your get ESD approval.

Update: As the student pass had expired, there was no need for cancellation. EP was approved. :)

@Seeker8516  no need to cancel your pass before applying EP pass. Once stage approval, The immigration will request to cancel current visa. That's mean your college will cancel the student pass for u.

@Seeker8516 hi, can you help me with the information. My issue is not about EP. But that I took admission in KL in PhD but I booked tickets to my home in this December as I am feeling depressive and I don't think I will continue. But yesterday I came to know that we have to cancel student pass if we want to stop our studies. But if I ask my institution now before I exit Malaysia they will ask me to wait here more days to cancel student pass although I cannot wait as I have decided to leave Malaysia and I joine PhD in my home country and for that I have to be there by 15th December otherwise they will not consider me for the admission. Now if I go to my home country and email my inst that I want to withdraw my admission and apply for student pass cancel.. will they do it online etc? And if in future after 2 years I want to come here for post doc will there be any problem?