Wanted feedback regarding interview

Hi,

I had answered an interview for the role of a operations manager at a factory in Jeddah on 29 June 2013. The opening was advertised through a consultant in Mumbai-India, the interview with the employer was held at the consultants office in Mumbai.

The employer made a verbal offer in the course of the interview and asked me if more junior staff would be willing to take up employment with him in Jeddah. I answered that I would need to check  up with the junior staff.

Accordingly I wrote back to him on  2nd July 2013( and again on 8 july 2013 because the mail had bounced back) that the junior staff are not not willing to take up the offer  but I would be interested as per terms discussed in the interview. he promptly replied in a mail saying that he is awaiting a report from HR.

Since then, there has been no communication from the employer. I got to know from the consultant that visas for 5 workers(junior staff) have been dispatched but no one has been selected as operations manager.

Is this delay because of Ramzan and they shall revert post Ramzan or that some else has been selected?
I would appreciate the forum members opinion  on this issue. or a mail to fxoption[at]gmail.com would be highly appreciated.

I had posted this in the Visa section by mistake. My apologies for the same.
Best Regards,
Pasal

I don't think there is any real way for us to know, but things do tend to take a very long long time in Saudi.

I was interviewed in June 2012 and offered the job in April 2013 :)

yep same here...i was interviewed in Oct'11 by a Bank... they vanished... I meanwhile changed jobs... and then suddenly they came back knocking in Mar'12 and gave me the job thereon paper work took another 2 months..

Dear ahelpful Saudi,
Thanks very much for your reply. I am a ware there was not much data to go by but I wanted to get a feel whether this is normal in this part of the world.

Dear Vramakr & Kymadoce,
Appreciate your sharing of your respective experiences.Thank you very much.

I am used to delay's but to me this is something unheard of but in fairness this is a different world and  different culture.

Shall keep my fingers crossed.  once again, thank you all very much.

More replies are most welcome.

Best Regards,
Pasal

No worries, once you are offered the job. Anticipate another 2 months for the documentation and visa. Then once you land here another 1 month for your Iqama. All d best brother.

Dear Vramakr,

Thanks for your reply.
I want to clarify that the offer was made verbally during the interview. No contract/agreement was mailed or signed. Basically I just have his word .
Is it safe to assume that he will revert back with a agreement/Contract.
I have no intention of landing in Saudi based on verbal arrangements.

Do let me know of your opinion on this.

Best Regard,
Pasal

pasal wrote:

Dear Vramakr,

Thanks for your reply.
I want to clarify that the offer was made verbally during the interview. No contract/agreement was mailed or signed. Basically I just have his word .
Is it safe to assume that he will revert back with a agreement/Contract.
I have no intention of landing in Saudi based on verbal arrangements.

Do let me know of your opinion on this.

Best Regard,
Pasal

Without documentation you wont get a visa, let alone coming over to Saudi Arabia.

Dear sh3hyar,

thanks for your reply. Appreciate your taking time to reply to my post.

would appreciate your thoughts if any on my initial post.

Cheers,
Pasal