Moving from Work visa to Dependent visa without going on Exit

Hi all,

I am currently on work visa and my wife and kids are on dependent visa with me in KSA. However, now my wife got a Job as a dentist in  Hospital and they are taking her transfer to Job visa. Along with it, they are also ready to give family visa to her so that I and kids can come on her dependent visa.

Now i plan to quit Job and move as dependent on my wife's Iqama. My sponsorer (kafeel) is ready to give me release.

Is it possible for me to transfer from work visa to dependent visa (on wife's job) without going on Exit? Or do i have to go to my homecountry, then my wife needs to take out family visa and i have it stamped and come back.

I need to know this asap plz!

taqwaconsulting wrote:

Hi all,

I am currently on work visa and my wife and kids are on dependent visa with me in KSA. However, now my wife got a Job as a dentist in  Hospital and they are taking her transfer to Job visa. Along with it, they are also ready to give family visa to her so that I and kids can come on her dependent visa.

Now i plan to quit Job and move as dependent on my wife's Iqama. My sponsorer (kafeel) is ready to give me release.

Is it possible for me to transfer from work visa to dependent visa (on wife's job) without going on Exit? Or do i have to go to my homecountry, then my wife needs to take out family visa and i have it stamped and come back.

I need to know this asap plz!

You can change your sponsorship from company to be under  your wife. But note that once you do so and become her "Mahram" you will not be able to work any more in KSA. You can approach the jawazat with release letters once your wife has a new iqama from the new sponsor and they will guide you through the exact process.

Thanks for your reply!

I do not intend to work anyways as i will handling my business back in my home country and shall be shuffling up and down once in 6 months.

Now you said that i need to approach the Jawazat with the release letters. As i understand, there shall be 3 letters given by my kafeel. To whom shall these letters be addressing?

In circumstances where i move from one kafeel to another, the release letters would be ,,,,First letter addressed to New kafeel/company etc,,,,,,,second letter addressing to Jawazat.....Third letter addressing to Labor office.

But in case i am moving under my wife's status, to whom should i ask my current kafeel to address the letter to, while issuing me the release letters?

taqwaconsulting wrote:

Thanks for your reply!

I do not intend to work anyways as i will handling my business back in my home country and shall be shuffling up and down once in 6 months.

Now you said that i need to approach the Jawazat with the release letters. As i understand, there shall be 3 letters given by my kafeel. To whom shall these letters be addressing?

In circumstances where i move from one kafeel to another, the release letters would be ,,,,First letter addressed to New kafeel/company etc,,,,,,,second letter addressing to Jawazat.....Third letter addressing to Labor office.

But in case i am moving under my wife's status, to whom should i ask my current kafeel to address the letter to, while issuing me the release letters?

As far as I remember and my knowledge goes there is no three release letters required in this case, you go to jawazat and there is a section for dependents. There is a form that needs to be filled from the passport office and they will process it. Alternatively you can ask your wife's HR/GR/PR guys to do this for you since they will need to do this process.

Actually the private hosptial guys said that they dont know the procedure or whether this is possible or not as none of thier staff members moved this way and that all of thier staff came directly from homecountries on thier visa. They even asked us to have it done from outside sources..they said they have no problem and they would give any required docs for the same. It seems they just want to avoid taking this work load.

There is one sudani guy who does all this hospitals jawazat work. Should we get in touch with him and ask him to find out? Is he the right guy?? Do we also get agents outside who would help us in this process?

Also, this would sound a little wierd if i mention it here again but are you sure i can move from work status to dependant status? The reason i am confirming again is to ensure i dont need to go on exit.

Thanks for your help!

taqwaconsulting wrote:

Actually the private hosptial guys said that they dont know the procedure or whether this is possible or not as none of thier staff members moved this way and that all of thier staff came directly from homecountries on thier visa. They even asked us to have it done from outside sources..they said they have no problem and they would give any required docs for the same. It seems they just want to avoid taking this work load.

There is one sudani guy who does all this hospitals jawazat work. Should we get in touch with him and ask him to find out? Is he the right guy?? Do we also get agents outside who would help us in this process?

Also, this would sound a little wierd if i mention it here again but are you sure i can move from work status to dependant status? The reason i am confirming again is to ensure i dont need to go on exit.

Thanks for your help!

Sure it can be done since I know a guy who did this, I will check with him and update you. In the mean time you could check with the sudani guy as well.

If possible plz seek the persons permission and give his contact number to me so that i can talk to him directly. Or else atleast ask him to give his email so that i can contact him via email.

The sudani guy is not in city for next two weeks...as soon as i speak to him...i will update you.

Waiting for your confirmation from that person who went through all this....

taqwaconsulting wrote:

If possible plz seek the persons permission and give his contact number to me so that i can talk to him directly. Or else atleast ask him to give his email so that i can contact him via email.

The sudani guy is not in city for next two weeks...as soon as i speak to him...i will update you.

Waiting for your confirmation from that person who went through all this....

What I came to know from my friend is that his wife asked her employer to issue demand letter and he gave this demand letter to his wife's employer and they did the process. So you are right you might need the 3 release letters.

I am sorry...i think you missed or mixed up a word or two. Is it wife's employer who gave demand letter or his employer?

taqwaconsulting wrote:

I am sorry...i think you missed or mixed up a word or two. Is it wife's employer who gave demand letter or his employer?

No mix up its the wifes employer who gave the demand letter and he approached his comapny for release and when he got it gave to his wifes employer to transfer and add as dependent.

Okay understood now. Procedure looks simple.

One last thing, what will be the demand letter like? I mean, what should be mentioned in it?

Sorry for bothering, but just want to be equipped with all the information as wife's employer want mw to do everything. So i would need to tell them what demand letter i need.

This forum is great help to people. Once my work is done, i shall post here the entire procedure for others like me to benefit. :-)

taqwaconsulting wrote:

Okay understood now. Procedure looks simple.

One last thing, what will be the demand letter like? I mean, what should be mentioned in it?

Sorry for bothering, but just want to be equipped with all the information as wife's employer want mw to do everything. So i would need to tell them what demand letter i need.

This forum is great help to people. Once my work is done, i shall post here the entire procedure for others like me to benefit. :-)

Good you should do that , for benefit of others.

As for demand letter - normal demand letter addressed from your wife's employer in their letter head to your company asking for release.

Hope its celar.

Okay got it.

Can you also pass me through PM the email contact of that person who went through this process?

But why is demand letter needed when my kafeel is ready to give the release letters directly? My kafeel just asked me to let him know on whose name or info does the release letter needs to be addressed. So cant i give him tha info directly?

That info should be that of my wife's employer right?

taqwaconsulting wrote:

But why is demand letter needed when my kafeel is ready to give the release letters directly? My kafeel just asked me to let him know on whose name or info does the release letter needs to be addressed. So cant i give him tha info directly?

That info should be that of my wife's employer right?

Its an official process and not some kind of agreement with you and your wife's sponsor. They also have to get pre approval from MOI to do this, hence a demand letter is required from them and this should be given to your employer.

hi guys,

Just to inform you that this is the first suggested site in Google when I search regarding this matter, so i signed my self in.

Anyhow, Two months before i'm viewing/ff-up this thread and hoping that my question will be answer as i have the same scenario with "taqwaconsulting". I'm hoping that "taqwaconsulting" will tell us his updates for his application.

Any updates or step by step process regarding this matter? Because we have decided that my wife will stop working and we would like to transfer her visa as dependent. The only difference between me and the thread starter is that my wife and I work on the same company under the same sponsorship. is it possible for my wife also to transfer her work visa as dependent visa without her going exit?

Kindly post the complete procedure to move from work visa to family visa as you promised to do in your post
Moreover if possible give me your email address so that I may contact with you as well
Regards

My husband and I are currently working in the same company and our contract is about to expire . I will renew while he will stop working. By now you may have gone through the process of changing from working to dependent visa.  Could you please share how you did it. Thanks