Cost of living in UAE

Hi There,

I'm about to start UAE from India. Could you guys please list out me the cost of living here in Dubai, Sharjah and other places here in U.A.E. I'm single and also ready for shared accommodation.

Regards
Rahul

Hello Rahul,

I will advise you to visit and read the discussions in the Cost of living in Dubai forum and Cost of living in Sharjah forum, and you can have a look at the other regions in UAE too.
For house sharing, maybe this may help you > House share in the United Arab Emirates.

Regards,
Pravin.

Accommodation

Depending on location, there are studio-type flats in Dubai that rent for under AED 3,500 a month. You'd find these in Deira or at Bur Dubai and in similar places. The high-end living options available at places like the Dubai Marina or Jumeirah start at AED 8,000 a month. Some people decide to share living space and split the cost. Other high-end compensation packages normally have company-provided villas or flats.

Transportation

Dubai bus fare is AED 2 per ride. Taxi fares start at AED 3. In Dubai, however, aving your own car is the cheapest, fastest and the easiest mode of transport. People with international driving licenses have a definite edge as jobseekers. But all drivers are required to obtain a UAE driving license in due time. If you have neither a car nor a valid driving license, you have another option besides taxis and Dubai bus: car lifts. People who have their own cars usually ferry friends and officemates to and from work.

Food

Food is a wonderful, cultural experience in Dubai. Since the world is represented in this small community, you'd find all sorts of exotic and delectable options. Chances are, you'd even find your favorite dish, whether that's Indian Beryani or Italian pasta. Cost is not an issue. People in Dubai are blessed in that respect. Everyone can afford to eat anything they fancy. Whether you feel better cooking your own meals or you prefer ordering it from Dubai's vast selection of restaurants, you'd find what you like here

A Hint for Dubai Jobhunters

A key housing point to remember in interviews is to ask your employer if they provide their staff with free accommodation. There are companies in Dubai that offer free accommodation in staff houses even to their rank-and-file employees. Especially for job hunters that would fall in the low-income range, it is always good to join companies that provide free accommodation because the housing always comes with food allowances and transport service. As part of salary packages, cost of living allowances given in the form of free accommodation and transport service is a better option. It frees you from making these necessary arrangements yourself.

Dear Pravin

Thanks for information sharing

Rahul

Dear Zahoor Ahmed Shah,

Very glad for sharing, Always remember your words.

Thanks
Rahul