Fishing

hi people,we are seriously thinking of moving to corozal in belize so any help or info would be great.it may sound silly but i wanted to know if you can catch fish off the beach in corozal,i went fishing off the beach in placencia and caught all sorts snappers mainly and a guy i was with called doyle caught a sting ray.so anyone who can give some info would be great.hope to see you all soon.

I would like to hear of fishing all around Belize, so for me any experiences would be great - thanks in advance.

hi,yeah as I said ive fished in belize before,from a boat is easy for barracuda but as im moving to corozal and dont have a boat i need to catch from the shore

just been busted by mrs telling me to ask more important questions than about fishing.well yes i do agree with her but hell i love fishing.we do need to know a decent school in corozal for our 11 year old boy and where and where not to buy a house,but hey anyone who would lend support to our life changing move would be brilliant and ill get you a pint when we get there,ta.

well ok it seems no one knows about fihing or are you keeping your spots secret ?.ok hows about music i compose and produce using the apple logic 9,so is anyone else into that

The World Fishing Network just began a series on Belize last month (worldfishingnetwork.com/users/wfn/blog/wfn-delivers-three-new-shows-as-part-of-its-may-pr.  I don't get that channel so not sure if they do any fishing around Corozal. I did find a teaser about the show

youtube.com/watch?v=5KE66KHHm5U&feature=youtu.be]

I am not sure where Lucky caught them but look at Captain Jaks on Face book. He is in Placencia..
When we were there in March they were not biting like that..

We fished off the dock a few miles north of San Pedro. We did OK but a local lady was really getting them. It was snapper mostly. It made a big difference if we used fresh bait or the bait they gave us from the resort. The shop there gave us frozen sardines but frozen bait (even thawed) is usually not good. We caught enough to eat for dinner on the nights we fished.

thanks for that i will check it out

Fishing on the waterfront in Corozal is fun.  You can catch a good variety of fish, but it is nothing like fishing on the reef.  But with fishing, half the fun is just trying.

dave you seem to be the man to know as ive read a lot of your posts,it would be great to meet up when we get there.o and thanks for the post on fishing as i intend on doing rather a lot.

Hi dog lady myname is Craig live in Topeka would like to hear all about Belize Thxs Craig

Hi Craig-- I am not the one to ask about Belize. We only go once or twice a year. But we are planning on moving there at the first of next year. We are taking a trip to explore a few places of interest (that we have not yet seen) in the fall of this year. Have you been anywhere near Hopkins or Dangria? Maybe you could tell us something about it?

doglady, my wife and I are moving to hopkins in september, I am strating a fishing charter business there, we love it in hopkins
Captain Dave

super833 wrote:

doglady, my wife and I are moving to hopkins in september, I am strating a fishing charter business there, we love it in hopkins
Captain Dave

Hey Captain Dave-- I love fishing! But I have never been ocean fishing on a boat. My husband lived in Tibee Island Georgia for a while and worked at fish camps and did a lot fishing there. Which is really weird because he was a suit and tie guy when I met him 8 years ago. He lived in Maine for a while too and did the same. I've always lived in Southern Missouri so most of my fishing is in lakes and streams.

I can't wait to see the Dangria area. We have always gone to San Pedro because we are both divers and get some pretty good deals there. Last year we spent our time in the San Ignacio area. But our plans to move to San Pedro changed a little when my husband decided he wanted to have some chickens and a garden. Me, being from a small town (Population 317), I just want that peace again. I hear Hopkins is a great place to get that. Uptight corporate America is why we are moving. I was a government employee most of my adult life and he is the Corporate Compliance Officer for a non profit. It just seems like such a waste of time these days.

Fishing for a living!! Now that's a life. Can't wait to meet you. I bet you have some real fish stories.

Great day to all.

If you want to see some good fish pics Strike Force Belize facebook page has some facebook.com/FishStrikeForceBelizeCentralAmerica

Dog lady, get ahold of me for all info on Hopkins, Sittee river.
[email protected]