Is it better to have an MA to teach ESL in Saudi Arabia?

Hi,

Today Education Experts UK emailed me an employment contract to teach ESL in Saudi Arabia, but I don't know if I should accept it or not. I believe it is better for me to do an MA in Second Language Education to increase my chances of landing a good ESL teaching job in that part of the world. If you were me, what would you do?

Your input is much appreciated!

Thanks.

Hello Knowledge12.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Saudi Arabia forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Knowledge12 wrote:

Hi,

Today Education Experts UK emailed me an employment contract to teach ESL in Saudi Arabia, but I don't know if I should accept it or not. I believe it is better for me to do an MA in Second Language Education to increase my chances of landing a good ESL teaching job in that part of the world. If you were me, what would you do?

Your input is much appreciated!

Thanks.

Depends on if you need a job/money right now (but beware, only 'on site' diplomas are recognized in KSA).

In Saudi Arabia the color of your skin and the country you hail from determines your pay more than education level. For instance, Al Khaleej will pay Americans (USA) more than South Africans or Sudanese. There are also other ways to get paid more.