Moving to live and work in Canada (Toronto)

Hi there,

I would like very much to move to Canada Toronto, with my family to work.

Anyone, where shoul I start from ?
I have answered some questions at the imigration website and got an answer that I would be ilegible to do it, then I got a code and now I think I need to get a Job offer before going on with the process.

Anyone a little help here ?

Thanks

João

Hello João,

You might get responses that are more helpful to your specific situation if you were to tell our members a little bit about your work experience and qualifications.

Toronto is not one of the easiest cities in Canada in which to find work. As you can imagine Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver are presently the three most sought after locations for newcomers to Canada and job opportunities have all but dried up completely.

Have you ever considered the Province of Alberta? Alberta is the one province in Canada that is undergoing significant growth in all fields, Petroleum, Civil Construction, Finance, Hospitality among others. There is a critical need for skilled and unskilled workers of all kinds and the provincial government is even trying to help facilitate the immigration process for those willing to come to Alberta to work. Both Calgary and Edmonton are thriving cities, jobs are plentiful and the cost of living is lower than in many other parts of the country.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Hello William,

Thank you for your sugestion.

Well, first of all I thought about Toronto because I had an uncle that lived there a long time ago. He was an engineer and worked in Canada as a teatcher, so those were my references. So that was long ago but he is not among us anymore.
And I have always heard of Toronto as nice place to live.

But anyway, my job and some of me skills are not among the most required now a days, as have been a photographer, working with interior designers, hotels and tourism photography. Something I have been doing for living since 20 years now.

As I can stay being a photographer always, because part of it its something I do with a bit of passion, but I have decided not to live from that anymore. At least around here it is strugling all the time for work and money. Unless I get the right conditions to keep going, wich is hard now a days or else I am looking for something else. 

I can still consider to sell photo/video equipment if I can get into a job like that or even work with imaging software such as photoshop.

Besides that I looking for anykind of non skilled position for a start, like a change in my life, as long as its something that I can fit in.
I am good with sport activities, so I took a course as a Gym Instructor, but the Sport authorities around here changed the Laws so I cant get a real recognition of what I did. I think I need a Portuguese recognition first, so to ask for a international recognition afterwords.

I have been a waiter in the past and Restaurant and Hotels is something I can do, I am also very good with my hands for things like electricity or mechanical stuf...

Well, so to start this is part of it.

Regards

João