Relocation to Brussels

Hi all,

I will be moving to Brussels in the next couple of months due to a professional relocation of the company i am currently working and as you can imagine i need a lot of info about this country.

1.- Area to live! For a starting point of view living in Brussels should be the best option, isnŽt it?

Which are the best areas to live in Brussels?
How is the public transport in case we decide to go a little bit so far from Brussels?

We speak Spanish & English!

Recommended websites!

2.- How much you are paying for utilities? Electricity, Gas, TV, Community monthly expenses, etc...

3.- How is the Public healthcare? Although i will have private insurance this is important showing the quality of the country.

Thanks in advance to all of you.

Regards

Hi,

Welcome to Brussels.
Nice areas: the city center (1000) is nice but a bit busy, the nicest districts for me are in the south of the town (more expensive than the north, but trendier)
The transport in Brussels and vicinity are not the same than in London for examples (only trains or buses outside of the town, underground very easy into Brussels.
If you are looking for appartment, try www.vlan.be (classifieds)or try www.archibaldhs.be (something like that) I think they propose the rental of furniture/equipment + property finding.
Energy is quite expensive: I pay about 200€ per month (gas+elect) for 2 rooms, 110 sqm.
About Healthcare: they have mutuelle (euromut for ex) but I don't know how it's work for expats and foreigners.
I hope it will help you...
Hasta la vista!

Hola Xavier,

Gracias por la respuesta, eres Español?

Hola,
Soy de Brusselas, belga. Yo hablo solo un poco espagnol...
Goog luck for your trip.
bye