Woman In Jordan, Amman

What do woman do in Jordan, Amman for entertainment and leisure time outside of the home?

Thats a good question Juliemiles. From my experience in Amman, I have seen woman visiting other woman, shopping, (not groceries) salon visits, wedding parties/dancing,  and graduating parties. It always seems to be family oriented events from the locals.  Home visits seem to be very common as well, extreme socializing... with other woman/children , not men.
During these home visits i've experienced woman watching soap operas and wedding cd's, gossip galore,  eating sweets and nuts, drinking tea coffee and soda, smoking of cigarettes, dancing and music, looking at pictures and invitations, henna, readings of coffee grounds from coffee cups. Same goes on at the salon.... usually a large gathering of woman.... just have some hair cutting, dying, styling, nail painting, make up application and stringing ( hair removal process).

Thanks elain 123,

That was very informative,Thank you.  I always wondered what the woman would do together, I knew of the gatherings at family homes having coffee, tea and treats. beings the women dont socialize with the men it's pretty segregated men do things with the men and the women do things with the women. I can also see how it could become a gossip circle. Lol