How are the days

Friends ,

Please can you keep posting any significant event happening in Bahrain in these 2-3 days considering the anniversary of 2011 events.
it would be really very helpful for new expats like me who are about to move to Bahrain. Hope nobody take it otherwise , its just for information.

Thanks in advance !

Regards,
Akhil

Well so far I haven't seen or heard anything, except a few tire-burning event - which happens everyday somewhere so this is nothing to worry about. However there is a strong army presence in key areas for safety.

Will post here if I hear anything major.

There are a lot of websites that you can subscribe to that will update you daily. If you google demonstrations in Bahrain you will find plenty.

Josnuggles wrote:

There are a lot of websites that you can subscribe to that will update you daily. If you Google demonstrations in Bahrain you will find plenty.

Hi Jo, Thanks for your reply, I agree with your view and in fact doing that too , however If I remember correctly in one of my queries some one answered that the news in journals and tabloids are not always correct and they are exaggerating the events , so i though it would be a fair idea if i request to get this information from my forum friends who will obviously provide me more realistic information.

Regards,
Akhilesh

I wish all future expats of Bahrain was thinking the way you are doing now. Well done!

Again, apart from tyre-burning and increased security over key areas, I haven't seen anything else yet. But if something is going to happen, it is going to happen today onwards.

I will be in Dubai for the weekend but Jo will be back in Bahrain so she will probably be a better person to feed you with news over the weekend.

brightonguy wrote:

I wish all future expats of Bahrain was thinking the way you are doing now. Well done!

Again, apart from tyre-burning and increased security over key areas, I haven't seen anything else yet. But if something is going to happen, it is going to happen today onwards.

I will be in Dubai for the weekend but Jo will be back in Bahrain so she will probably be a better person to feed you with news over the weekend.

Will feedback IF there is any trouble.

I was in the Souq when some protesters marched through. There were police everywhere but no trouble. Next day in the papers it said there were bombs and fires, the crowd were rioting etc. Nothing was further from the truth.

I agree with Brightonguy. You are being very wise.

Hi everybody,

This morning Budaiya was a little "smokey"? Tires as usual, garbage containers also. Close to Qadam roundabout, the put and old car across the road and set it on fire.
Close to my compound, they built a kind of mini barricade with stones, tree branches etc. I saw a lot of those this morning when coming to work but usually they had been already partially removed but drivers that passed before :D

As in the other hand, a lot of people decided to stay home today, the traffic was extremely low so those little inconveniences were in a way compensated and it took me the same time as usual to drive from my place to office.

The sad news is a young protester seems to have passed away when reaching the hospital. He was shot at close range with pellets according to the protesters. As they published the name of the guy, I think he really died even if the circumstances will be difficult to be clearly known.
Unfortunately, this will fuel the anger, specially of the young ones.

Anyway, let's try to live as usual and hope for the best !

Be cautious, but not scared ! I remind you that none of those events never ever targeted expats in anyway...
We just have to take care not to be in the wrong place at the wrong moment :D

Enjoy your sunny weekend !

Cheers

Olivier

Thanks for sharing the information friends .i know its not easy, but believe me , you are really doing favor for people like me.

Keep it up .

Regards,
Akhil

Hi Akhil,

We are in Juffair and it is life like normal days here.

Rgds,Vivek

Hi guys,

Little update...
At 4:00 AM big clashes in the villages along Budaiya road and a lot of police. It's contained in the villages though.
This afternoon the police are re installing the check points in front of Sanabis.

So far, it looks that everything remains under control.

Have a nice weekend

Cheers

Olivier

Same old same, nothing special

everything is cool

Thanks guys ... :)