The olive harvest nightmare

New short podcast about the perils of olive harvesting: "I'd Rather Eat My Own Face".

If you've never participated in an olive harvest and think it might be fun to have a go, listen to this first. You have been warned. :)

well, it impresses me that you didn't think that it would be a lot of hard work and you mention it as a "big however". Aren't there any farmers etc where you come from? how do you get fruits and vegetables, do they just grow around without anyone taking care of them?

Thanks for the comment, MyraCh, but I hadn't actually intended the podcast about olive harvesting to be taken quite so seriously.

Having said that, I know quite a few Greek farmers and I haven't met one yet who doesn't complain about how hard the olive harvest is. :)

Well hi !

I was born and raised in Athens and I also live but my parents are from a village.They have olives trees and they pick each year olives.Just take a ride at December or January to a village with cold and rough rain or snow and try to help to pick some or help them to pick them from the ground.You will find out if it is hard or not by first hand !!

Cheers!

Hi gogo k.

I'm not sure if you're responding to me or to MyraCh, but if you've listened to my podcast you'll know I'm well aware what hard work olive harvesting is. It's one of the reasons I dread it every year! :(

Do you help with your parents' olive harvest yourself?

Rob :)

OF COURSE I HELP THEM ! !

Do you have any other questions about the olive harvest ?

I am at your disposal to tell you more .

Cheers

Thanks for the offer, gogo k, but as I say in the podcast, the last olive harvest was my ninth so I'm not sure there's much more I need to know. :)