Marriage in Egypt

hi,i had a question, i am a US citizen of Syrian background and plan on getting married to my cousin in Egypt who is also of Syrian background.How can i get a marriage license from the USA to marry him if the state(Michigan) i am a resident of disapproves cousin marriage?I know that its legal to marry your cousin in Egypt,but that a US citizen must have permission or a license to get married,how can i go about this?help anyone?thankss!!

Hello lanoosh.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll be helped by other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Lanoosh

Mabrooook in Advance :)
to get married in EGypt you must:-

1. Go & ur fiance to the US Embassy to sign marriage affidavit & that the embassy has no objection for that marriage & you gonna
pay 50 USD

the American Citizen Services, U.S. Embassy

Address: 5, Tawfik Diab Street (formerly Latin America Street), Garden City, Cairo.

2. After obtaining the statement from the U.S. Embassy, you must visit one of the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Authentication Offices.

Addresses: Ahmed Oraby St, Mohandessin, Giza; Ahmed Said Street, Abbassia; or Sabak Street next to the Maryland Gardens in Heliopolis.

Hours:  Saturday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will certify the statement for a fee of 11.00LE.

3.After obtaining the certification from the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, you must visit the Egyptian Ministry of Justice.

Address: Egyptian Ministry of Justice Annex (Office of Marriage of Foreigners), 4th floor, Lazoughly Square, Abdin, Cairo. Open Saturday through Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

The Ministry of Justice will register your marriage.

Good Luck :)

Hi :)

This process is applicable for mexicans too?

Hi OSB,

This thread is too old. May i suggest that you open a new topic and post your questions ?

It will be more convenient.

All the very best
Bhavna

Thank you very much Bhavna :)