What is wrong with you lot ??????

I just thought this particular forum space would be a tad different from others -- but no -----  seldom do people post ---- seldom do those who ask questions get a reply, and if they do, they seldom respond either.

I always thought forums were a place a place where you get to know others -- I must have got it wrong  here though, --- by getting to know others I don't mean meeting up three times a week for coffee, I mean more the interactive chat etc via the internet, perhaps even someone asking if they knew of a place etc in and around the Northern Charente, how they see their life evolving moving to another country.

ahh well at 73 years of age I suppose I will continue my pleasurable life here in the |Northern Charente, guessing if, when you pass me in Leclerc's, you are from which nationality, You obviously don't have that sort of enquiring mind otherwise you might just make |EYE CONTACT -- nod ---- and think to yourself ----- wellllll ???? is  he ---- she  --------- a Brit ?????

Hi RichardP,

Expat.com is a social network for people living abroad or who want to live abroad. The forum is a place for exchange and mutual help.

I invite you to share your expat experience with others on the Charente Maritime forum.

We also have other sections and functionalities on the website.

Thank you,
Best regards,
Christine
Expat.com team

Hi Richard,

I didn't get your message ... how can we help ?

All the best,

Julien

Hello Julian,

Nooo I didn't send a message at all, I just commented on the, ( to put it politely) lack of interreaction on here and that is no way a reflection on you, or anyone else that is related to this site.

I just thought there might be a tad more reaction from those that are members, for example their pros and cons of living here, how they regard the French people -- what they think of everyday life whether they be retired or a worker.

I think a lot could be learned from those that are prepared to open up with regard to their feelings of living here in France aftersay, five years or so.

Too many of these sites are not so much a "meeting place" for those like myself that enjoy a good interreaction but more a site for selling stuff to those thinking about moving abroad, whereas I think the experiences of those that have actually moved and settled could be far more beneficial.

I realise of course these sites are run-- organised -- controlled basically by businesses in order to promote how good they are, but what most don't seem to realise is the fact that those THINKING of moving are looking for ADVICE --- NOT the hard sell, it is when the advice has been sought and given  and if the seeker is still in a mind to move here then by all means search out the business routes.

you can be certain that if your problems is with the non-participatory members, they are not going to be reading your post.

instead, those of us who DO read threads, who DO participate, will read it. It doesn't seem to be very friendly to be saying that there's something wrong with all of us as your subject header.

I agree that it's frustrating to have so many fly-by posters who never bother to return and see the replies to threads, but it doesn't help to rant about it in this way IMO.

Richard,

Your post from Ruffec brought back some memories for me of the year I spent in Confolens as a teenager long ago. Two years ago we took our family on vacation to Sarlat and did a road trip back to Confolens just for old time's sake. It was fun to ride the Velorail and show my children where I once lived. The Charente region holds so many wonderful memories for me. I'm curious what took you there and how you have managed to settle in. My husband and I are nearing retirement and I like to toy with the notion of spending at least some of it in France, but I'm not sure how to get into the health care system, or whether the cost of living there is even affordable. I'd appreciate your insights.