English TV abroad?

I have been missing English TV since I moved to Spain. It never crossed my mind that I might miss TV until I move abroad! I only just discovered you can watch English TV on the internet on a site called film on. Did any of you know this?

The internet is a boon...there are also mountains of podcasts of your favourite radio programs so you can listen on the metro!

For old school international TV viewing do not forget free to air satellite broadcast. Last time I checked English language content was mainly on analogue, while digital transponders were full of German TV if that rocks your boat.
You can get compact sets intended for RVs pretty cheap.

Obligatory "we don't have a TV" part: we do have a TV, but no service lately, it's attached to a computer :-)

A few years ago you needed a satellite dish to access the best TV programs from North America and Europe. But now you can watch the most popular television series and live sports via the internet on your PC or Mac.  Yet, if you are abroad - BBC, ITV, Sky, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, British Eurosport won't let you watch because you are not physically in the UK or USA. However, there is a way to overcome this obstacle...

The easy solution is to use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) that allows you to access the US and UK with a local IP address. More details here: vpntelevision.com

VPNs are a reliable and effective way to view video content that has been restricted outside the United States and United Kingdom.

A VPN service basically links you to a local ISP. The VPN then gives you a new IP address to show the world (Hulu.com) so Hulu has no idea that you're outside the US.

Hope this helps!

Jason Wright
Helsinki, Finland
jasonwright.eu

Hi guys,

I agree that even you are living on spain you can still watch tv show on US by internet. not only in internet that you can watch your favorite tv shows. I can give some information about watching TV abroad anywhere just by using iPhone, Laptop, PC, or TV..
just click below to subscribe.

Watch UK TV Abroad
ITV Player Abroad

Chris!! I'm very interested in that topic, since I've been in US, I really miss some tv programs and music channels, and up to now I don't know how watch them from Barcelona, I 'll be very gratefull if you can explain me how to do it, or show me some webs. Thank you so much.

chris61hickman wrote:

Hi guys,

I agree that even you are living on spain you can still watch tv show on US by internet. not only in internet that you can watch your favorite tv shows. I can give some information about watching TV abroad anywhere just by using iPhone, Laptop, PC, or TV..
just click below to subscribe.

Watch UK TV Abroad
ITV Player Abroad

A really good way to watch TV abroad is using the VPN provider Overplay VPN. Google this and you will be directed to their website. As described above, VPN sets you up a secure tunnel to a server in a location of your choice. You are then recognised by the IP address of that location, therefore it thinks you are not in Spain. Most providers allow VPN, but some may not allow it as they cant monitor the traffic. I have used this for a while now to view Sky Player and English channels such as 4oD. OverPlay VPN is reliable, fast and cheap. I have tried lots of different VPN players and this is the best one that I have used so far. Installation is very easy and automated and the interface for the software is simple too.

If you need advise on this then let me know. I prefer to watch Spanish programmes and you can go to teletext and type 888, this will give you subtitles. Has been designed for the hearing impaired but perfect for those that want to learn spanish.

Hi Gowmadrid!

I'll try it as you said using VPN. I'm very interested on that cause foreign programmes help me to improve my english =)
Thanks a lot.

You are welcome. If you need any more advise on this subject then just let me know.

Downloading software onto your computer that allows you access to UK TV and web content (VPN or Virtual Private Networks) from abroad can be tricky.

There is a brand new solution that involves no software installation onto your computer at all, simply order the Virtual Global Router Box.

This box offers the full VPN service but in addition you can watch several devices at the same time. For example, the children could be watching UK programmes such as 'Hannah Montana' or 'Dora the Explorer' on the Playstation whilst Mum catches up with Eastenders on the TV/PC and Dad plays a game of online poker on the laptop. The one box allows you to connect multiple devices at the same time and is so easy to set up, you simply plug in and play. NO software downloads, NO computer configurations - full access to the whole UK online TV experience both live and catch up.

We have recently bought this router box, set it up in 10 minutes and it works perfectly.

For more information search for Virtual Global Router on Google.
Hope this helps.

I use VPN service kebrum.com for UK TV and everything is perfect

Get a fire stick and jailbreak it!

To get UK TV Free .Get a fire stick and jailbreak it!

I bought an IPTV box (Mag box) from Amazon... and then signed up for an IPTV service. This has hundreds of channels from UK and USA (and many other countries), including a bunch of movie channels.

If you only want BBC1 and ITV, then it would be easier to install a VPN and then use BBC iPlayer & ITV Hub, as others have recommended.

Buy a Humax foxsat I.m over in early march, hook up a dish and LNB.
I use Smart DNS PROXY AND VPN .Watch BBCiplayer and it v and the rest.
I like my Humax box.