Whats the best public location in amman for an ordinary family .....

where an ordinary family "local or expat" can go to in the evening to relax and enjoy the fresh air, a place for the kids to play,,,

c,mon guys !! cant you think of any place??

hmm, lets see: fresh air, place for kids to play IN THE EVENING.

The only thing that cross my mind is the king Hussein park.

If you really want fresh fresh air then you have to move out of Amman and go to euh.... :blink:

Sorry, the options are very very limited.

Primadonna wrote:

hmm, lets see: fresh air, place for kids to play IN THE EVENING.

The only thing that cross my mind is the king Hussein park.

If you really want fresh fresh air then you have to move out of Amman and go to euh.... :blink:

Sorry, the options are very very limited.

primadonna how are you , every thing ok i hope, well did you go to king husseun park and? and how was it in your opinion? if you like to share your experience we appreciate it,

Unfortunately , there isn't plenty of options here in Amman where it comes to recreation parks and children's playground. maybe you may want to visit the Bird Park at Shimeisani. Recently, the Amman Municipality put up swings and  monkey bars just near my place but within 2 months they were all vandalised. Just sad at the attitude of some people.

primadonna how are you , every thing ok i hope, well did you go to king husseun park and? and how was it in your opinion? if you like to share your experience we appreciate it,

I am fine, thank you, just busy with the study.
To be honest: I like the Hussein park very much.
Somehow it remind me at my homecountry, maybe the grass? :P
Anyway, it is a safe place for kids to play, you can sit and enjoy and if you want you can have a picknick there.
The playground equipment is not always in a good shape.
You can play soccer, ride on a bike, ride on skeelers etc etc.
And you can walk arond, sit down on the terras for a drink.
When the weather is bad you can always go to the childmuseum up at the park.
But that is mainly indoors and the only fresh air you get is from the condition :lol:

thanks to umm jacoub and primadonna for the information you put here, im sure it will be useful for families when looking for free recreation.

imaduno wrote:

thanks to umm jacoub and primadonna for the information you put here, im sure it will be useful for families when looking for free recreation.

Not for you????

im divorced :/

I am really sorry to hear that.
So I suppose that your children (I assume you have) not with you.
Why you ask?

There is a small park in Abdoun Ashamalli (north abdoun).  Its in the backstreets between Queen Zein Al Sharaf and Saed Zaghloul streets.  About a block west of the new mini-cosmo.  It has some lighting but not a lot.  There are often families there in the evening.

did you try to check the places at jo.jeeran.com/en/amman/
it has huge list of places that might meet your needs.

HTH